Deputy Team Lead – Regional Expert for Eastern and Southern Caribbean Youth Assessment
Candidates located in Barbados are strongly encouraged to apply.
Making Cents International is recruiting a local Deputy Team Lead – Regional Expert to support a regional youth assessment in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean. The assessment will include three weeks of field work conducting a youth assessment to investigate the contextual landscape, needs, and assets of Caribbean youth. Recommendations provided to USAID will inform the Mission’s Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS) and youth strategy.
Role of Deputy Team Lead – Regional Expert
The Deputy Team Lead – Regional Expert will work with the Team Leader in assessment planning and preparations, as well as in interviews, team meetings, briefings with the USAID/Mission and Embassy, and drafting the assessment report. The Deputy Team Lead – Regional Expert will oversee local youth researchers and focus group discussions as well as identify appropriate contacts for the Assessment Team to meet with during the field research. He/she will travel with the Assessment Team within the region, draft select selections of the assessment report, and review the compiled version of the report and offer comments.
Tasks to be conducted in coordination with the Team Lead
- Support and participate in literature review and secondary data collection including identifying key background documents on region prior to field research
- Assist in identifying a broad array of regional country officials, researchers, NGO representatives, etc. that the Team will interview during the field research
- Contribute to the development of the Work Plan and Schedule for the field research
- Review relevant background materials prior to the start of the field research
- Building on YouthPower protocols from previous work, support the development and finalization of research protocols and tools
- Provide verbal briefings to the Assessment Team on local context
- Provide training of youth researchers in coordination with Team Lead
- Lead interviews with stakeholders and key informants
- Oversee and conduct youth peer group discussions and key informant interviews
- Manage local research team during assessment activities to ensure data collection and analysis is accurate and complete
- Work with team to compile findings and conduct analysis
- Contribute to compilation of assessment findings and preliminary analysis
- Participate in in-briefing and out-briefing meetings
- Draft portions of the final report, situational analysis and strategic priorities document
- Review the draft reports and provide suggestions for revision
- Assist in the review, revision, and finalization of the reports based on feedback received from USAID in accordance with established deadlines
- Participate in the Youth Validation Presentation (virtual), validating findings from field research with a group of local youth
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field and 8 years’ experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and 14 years’ experience
- English, spoken and written fluency
- Prior experience in the English-Speaking Caribbean, with a preference for Barbados, St. Lucia, and Guyana
- Prior experience participating in assessment teams, conducting analyses, and writing reports in English
- Preference for candidates located in Barbados
Proposed Level of Effort:
Maximum Level of Effort will be 40 days, with 17 days of the LOE taking place during the field work phase of the assessment (including Saturdays). The Deputy Team Lead – Regional Expert must be available to accompany the Assessment Team at all times during the field work and must work exclusively on the assessment while the Team is in the field.
Fieldwork to be completed by end of June 2020; anticipated May 11 – 29, 2020.
For a complete scope of work and to express interest, send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Organization
Making Cents International is a dynamic social enterprise that has been increasing economic opportunities in developing countries for fifteen years. We are known as a source of high quality technical services, and a thought leader in the economic growth arena. Our technical services and collaborative learning activities consistently improve the ability of target populations - especially youth, women, smallholder farmers, and vulnerable populations - to launch and grow businesses, participate in profitable value chains, access finance, and obtain meaningful work. Our services are based on an appreciation of client assets and market needs, local capacity building, and a desire to achieve greater sustainable results. Our success is grounded on core competencies that focus on innovation, quality, teamwork, communication, leadership, and knowledge management.
Making Cents Corporate site: www.makingcents.com.