The Director of Audit will inspect clients’ accounting records and express an opinion as to whether financial statements are presented fairly in accordance with the applicable accounting standards of the entity, such as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). They must assert whether financial statements are free of material misstatement, whether due to error or fraud.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee all activities with business unit and support programmatic objectives
- Plan and perform operational and financial audits to ensure that financial statements are fairly presented in accordance with GAAP
- Perform tests of internal controls to ensure effectiveness
- Perform substantive testing of account balances to determine reasonableness
- Prepare and present to management reports on audit findings, which include material misstatements of financial information or severe control deficiencies
- Ensure the awareness and accountability of all personnel to Blumont’s Security Policy and Protocols
- Ensure the awareness and accountability of all personnel to Blumont’s Ethics and Compliance standards
- Oversee and execute Blumont’s Employee Performance Management guidelines;
- Encourage staff development and growth
- Prepare reports for donors and management regarding status of projects/activities and ensure all documentation complies with regulations and professional standards
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, allocate resources, and monitor and summarize progress of projects/activities
- Builds and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, donors, and other departments.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Advanced degree and/or certification desired
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working in a finance/accounting /audit role
- At least 3 years’ experience in a management role
- 2+ years’ experience working in a developing country
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Interest and ability to creatively streamline activities
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to work in stressful environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team
- Proven ability to provide timely and accurate financial reports
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties, work effectively at a rapid pace, and work irregular hours
- Tactfulness, enthusiasm towards assigned tasks, good human relationship skills, integrity, honesty, and the ability to work under pressure to accomplish work tasks within assigned time periods.
- Up to 30% travel, including to the United States and regionally in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Ability to work in normal office conditions.
About the Organization
Blumont is a global organization working in concert with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to build infrastructure, deliver lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and foster opportunities for long-term stability and development. With two decades of experience working in the world’s most challenging environments, we have the capacity to effectively operate in nearly any conditions. Blumont serves refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and other underserved populations through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience.