International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI seeks a Director of Finance and Administration for USAID’s Supporting the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) to Improve Health Outcomes Activity in Ethiopia. The purpose of this activity is to 1) support the digitalization, integration and scale-up of priority health information systems at all levels, 2) work with the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) to improve use of data to inform health planning, performance management, and delivery decisions across the health systems, 3) improve effective transfer of knowledge and skills to the GoE and build the capacity of the Ministry of Health (MoH) to facilitate adoption of identified best practices, and 4) collaborate with other donors and various stakeholders within GoE to increase commitment by global stakeholders to align and invest in integrated health information systems and tools, strengthen data use, and health workforce capacity.
This position is contingent upon project award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee financial operations and tasks, such as accounting, procurement, etc. according to USAID and USG procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Supervise the accounting team to coordinate reporting activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology (private sector, governmental, and nonprofit) and an ability to understand accounting practices and procedures; to analyze data, narrative reports, and workload flow charts, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with accounting and non-accounting individuals
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs
- Experience in managing and administering sub-awards and audits
- Experience with funds control and monitoring of fraud and abuse
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business, finance, etc.)
- At least 7-10 years of experience in finance
- At least 5 years of experience with USG and USAID financial procedures, rules, and regulations
- At least 3 years of experience supervising a finance team
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business, finance, accounting, economics, etc.)
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.