Note: all the AIIB jobs are located in Beijing, China. All the applications must be submitted via AIIB career portal: Career Opportunities - Career - Opportunities.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Director General, Operational Services Department (OSD) is responsible for supporting all the operational fiduciary needs for both sovereign and non-sovereign AIIB operations. This includes ensuring that AIIB operations are properly resourced and staffed with qualified specialists to cover the environment, social, procurement and financial management aspects and that AIIB policies and standards for those areas are fully observed in all Bank operations.
The selected candidate will have dual reporting responsibilities to both Vice Presidents of Investment Operations (Regions 1 and 2).
- Manage a team of professionals in the areas of environment, social, procurement and financial management.
- Ensure that proper fiduciary guidance is provided, consistent with AIIB policies, to all AIIB-supported operations (sovereign and non-sovereign).
- Support the Investment Operations Vice Presidencies in resourcing and staffing projects appropriately.
- Participate in policy discussions related to the four areas under OSD responsibility.
- Support the formulation and interpretation of the four policy areas under OSD responsibility.
- Ensure that fiduciary aspects of AIIB Operations receive proper attention throughout the project cycle and, when necessary, take corrective actions.
- Represent the Department in the meetings of the Screening Committee, Investment Committee and Board of Directors, and other occasions as required.
- Represent the Department in AIIB’s Complaints-resolution, Evaluation, and Integrity Unit, as well as in civil society organizations.
- Responsible for budget management and allocation, recruitment, staff evaluation and other managerial tasks.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience in a leading international organization, preferably a multilateral development bank.
- Strong prior exposure to environmental/social and procurement policies.
- Experience with complex infrastructure projects in multiple countries that have entailed involuntary resettlement and involve significant environmental impact.
- Experience with an international organization’s procurement approaches, including projects that have included concessions and other forms of private sector participation.
- Ability to manage a diversified team, manage multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize effectively, and adhere to deadlines.
- Strong teamwork ethic and collaborative skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Master’s degree in relevant field or equivalent.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences, and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.