The Director, Innovative Finance, on the Growth & Technical Services team will provide technical expertise across the firm’s portfolio of USAID and corporate/Non-USG clients, focusing on activities and interventions involving innovative finance, access to finance for enterprises, and transaction advisory support. They will play a vital role in business development and proposal efforts for USAID, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), US Development Finance Corporation, other development finance institutions (DFis) and non-USAID contracts targeting corporate, foundation, NGO, and impact investor clients. They will also lead and/or contribute to the development of services and tools to bolster the company’s offerings in innovative finance and development finance.
Technical Direction and Client Engagement
· Serve as an innovative finance technical expert for Resonance’s diverse USG, corporate, foundation, non-profit, and non-USG donor client base. Activities include providing strategic advisory services in the design and structuring of blended finance and innovative finance vehicles, engaging financial partners to mobilize finance within corporate supply chains, transaction advisory support, and mobilizing finance for innovative start-ups and high growth enterprises.
· Provide analytical insight and support for clients through the generation of compelling reports and presentations.
· Lead or contribute to direct client and/or investor engagement within projects focused on innovative finance, development finance, and impact investment.
· Provide insights on innovative finance, development finance and impact investment to engagements across a range of technical sectors
· Lead and contribute to efforts to explore and develop opportunities with donor, corporate, impact investment, non-profit, and philanthropic clients
· Draft and prepare proposals, pitch decks, and other materials targeted to diverse client contexts
· Maintain, expand, and enhance Resonance’s business and partner network, including impact funds and investors, development finance institutions (DFIs) foundation, and NGO partners, focused on innovative finance and mobilizing capital for innovative start-ups and enterprises and within corporate supply chains
· Serve as a member of proposal development teams, including as lead technical writer, contributing innovative finance and development finance insights to a range of technical sectors
· Draft blog posts and articles that demonstrate and advance Resonance’s leadership in innovative finance and blended finance solutions to tackle business and development challenges
· Lead the development of analytical proprietary tools and methods that support innovative finance engagements across the client portfolio.
· Raise Resonance’s profile through select speaking engagements at industry and sector events
Required Education and Experience
· Master’s degree in International Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other relevant field
· 10+ years of professional experience in a global development and/or management consulting context, with experience working with or engaging USAID, other donors, foundations, and/or impact funds highly preferred.
· Technical expertise in innovative finance and/or access to finance in donor/development, impact investment, and/or corporate contexts, with experience in agriculture, natural resource management, corporate supply chains and enterprise development highly preferred.
· Demonstrated versatility to provide strategic advisory or management consulting services, transaction support/facilitation, support the design of blended finance or innovative finance platforms, develop innovative finance products for different customer segments; or mobilize capital for start-ups and high growth enterprises.
· Strong network of, and experience with, DFIs, foundations, impact and venture funds, financial intermediaries and other donor, corporate, and non-profit entities with current or potential interests in innovative finance and impact investing. Demonstrated ability to lead business development efforts in donor (preferably USAID), non-profit, philanthropic, and commercial contexts.
· Demonstrated emotional intelligence and ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of clients, colleagues and partners, including executive and senior-level counterparts in client organizations.
· Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
· Strong organizational skills, including task and time management
· Ability to travel up to 30% on short notice as conditions allow
Preferred Education and Experience
· Fluency in Spanish, French, or Arabic
· CFA Certification or Series 7 License