Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Director of Administration and Finance (DAF) candidates an anticipated USAID-funded Activity in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. The purpose of the anticipated Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, which includes Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu, and Tanganyika.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Party, the Director of Administration and Finance will be responsible for the project’s administrative and financial management, human resources, and procurement, while ensuring compliance with USAID regulations, local laws, and Tetra Tech rules and regulations. The Director of Administration and Finance will:
* Manage the overall functions of the administrative and finance team;
* In consultation with the COP, supervise human resources personnel to develop and ensure that all personnel are managed in compliance with manuals and local labor laws;
* Oversee all procurement and local subcontracting processes and ensure that administrative, financial and technical staff abide by the Local Procurement and Subcontracts Manual, Tetra Tech internal rules and regulations, and relevant USAID regulations;
* Ensure proper management and use of funds;
* Oversee overall property management, review monthly purchasing and inventory reports;
* Ensure accurate project budgeting and expenditure projections, quarterly financial analyses (projections against actuals) and the development of annual operating plan budget for submittal to Tetra Tech corporate office;
* Develop and ensure proper adherence to anti-fraud systems, processes and procedures and ensure that any deviations from those guidelines is met with appropriate action from the field and home office.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective financial management experience in post-conflict and insecure environments as well as proven experience to assure compliance for complex programs in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Additionally, he/she should possess:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or similar field required;
* Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in financial management and administration, grants management and contractual technical assistance services experience also highly desirable;
* Working experience in Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu and Tanganyika strongly preferred;
* Minimum of three (3) years working experience in a senior supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement and logistical support services;
* Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
* Advanced Excel skills and experience with Quickbooks required;
* French and English language fluency (oral and written) is required. Proficiency in Swahili a plus;
* DRC nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.