FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Finance and Operations in Accra, Ghana.
The Director of Finance and Operations will provide overall financial management for a upcoming health-focused social and behavior change (SBC) project in the Ghana country office. Responsibilities include monitoring of projects finances, preparing project budgets, managing financial reporting to clients, ensuring adherence to funder rules and regulations, coordinating with headquarters on financial information, providing financial technical assistance to develop the capacity of FHI 360 partner organizations and entities in the country, and acting as a resource for project staff on finance-related issues. This position is contingent upon funder approval of key personnel. The Director of Finance and Operations will:
- Provides leadership and support for the project’s financial management areas including, accounting, travel, payments, reporting systems and procedures.
- Plans, directs and manages project budgets in accordance with the approved annual budget and monitors the expenditures on an on-going basis.
- Oversees the timely completion and accuracy of monthly financial reports prepared for submission to FHI 360 headquarters and funding agencies.
- Oversees the management and reporting of cost share and ensures that FHI 360 achieves the results of which it is responsible for under the donor agreement.
- Oversees the maintenance of adequate financial resources in-country to support monthly program operations and subproject reimbursements.
- Ensures appropriate monitoring of sub-grantees to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Ensures all activities related to financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by FHI 360 and funders.
- Ensures project budgets, accounting, and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively and compliantly.
- Oversees and ensures compliant pre-award audit of new implementation agencies and sub-project budget development.
- Oversees and ensures monitoring and review of sub-project financial reports to ensure compliance with sub project budgets and FHI 360 policies.
- Ensures project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Contributes to resource development efforts; leads or participates in proposal development process.
- Oversees and may provide support to internal audit functions.
- Oversees and ensures quality financial operations throughout the project and participates and contributes to the overall mission of FHI 360.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- MBA/MA/MS or a related advanced Degree in Accounting, Finance.
- 12+ years related work experience at the corporate or organization level; 6 years managing a finance department is required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing donor funds.
- Strong working knowledge of USAID financial management policies, procedures and practices.
- Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system and high-degree of competency in MS Excel and other accounting packages.
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and managing a team required.
- Excellent communication skills in English required and proficiency in another language an added advantage.
- Experience working with an international non-governmental organization preferred.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.