ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration for an anticipated Conservation Works Activity (CWA) in Liberia funded by USAID. Liberia CWA will conserve threatened and endangered species by strengthening protected areas and improving economic conditions around them. The Activity is anticipated to start in 2021.
The Director of Finance and Administration will provide leadership and direction to the Finance and Administration team with close oversight of the project’s financial position. This position will be based in Monrovia, Liberia.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Finance and Administration team with close oversight of the project’s financial position
- Develop, oversee, and monitor all financial and accounting systems, policies, procedures, and internal controls, adapting them as necessary to meet changing regulations and best practices
- Establish efficient financial and operational systems including internal audits, compliance, and risk management
- Lead the annual budgeting process and review all financial plans and budgets, monitoring progress and changes
- Lead the preparation and execution of action plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administrative operations and to mitigate operational and compliance risks
- Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the delivery of technical activities on time and at optimum cost
- Ensure compliance with all USAID rules and regulations and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures relating to finance and administration
- Master’s Degree in finance, business administration, or relevant field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive work experience in financial control and audit related field including minimum five (5) years of experience in a senior management position, providing administrative oversight and management systems development.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations related to procurement and finance required.
- Strong written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner.
Liberian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or email your CV to AVLiberia@joinav.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.