Blumont is seeking Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded Rural Water Infrastructure Governance Activity in Mali. Activity implementation is expected to begin in the Spring of 2020.
The DFA will supervise and work with the Blumont administration, finance and program staff in country to ensure that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to comply with both Blumont policies and donor requirements for human resources, procurement, program reporting (financial and programmatic), records management, and financial management and accountability. The incumbent of this position will also be responsible for ensuring that Blumont is in compliance with all local laws, rules and regulations. The DFA will work under supervision of the Chief of Party, but will also work closely with and provide direct reporting to the Finance Department and Program Operations Division of Blumont /HQ.
Other duties include:
- Supervise the day-to-day administration and financial management of the USG funded program.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the program office and staff
- Coordinate and oversee all Blumont tendering and procurement activities, ensuring strict compliance with Blumont policies and donor regulations
- Develop and implement tracking and reporting systems for all aspects of administrative and financial management for both Blumont /HQ and Blumont’s donors
- Supervise the local staff responsible for program accounting to ensure that generally recognized accounting standards are being followed
- Develop and implement a tacking/reporting system to ensure that Blumont is in compliance with all local laws, rules and regulations
- Develop and implement a tracking/reporting system to ensure that all Blumont and donor requirements regarding program documentation and records management are followed
- Ensures implementation of targeted strategies to respond to stabilization priorities as identified by key stakeholders
- Ensures that all policies and practices instituted are compliant with USAID’s performance monitoring, policy and compliance programming requirements set forth in the USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) and other rules and regulations
- Provides capacity-building workshops for prime and sub-partner staff to improve performance management
- Manages and leads staff, consultants and contractors to ensure efficient and timely implementation of project
- Provides policy guidance, training and ongoing guidance to each of the Office staff members;
- Ensures the timeliness, cost and quality of all activities performed under the project
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports to Blumont/HQ Finance
- Prepares quarterly and/or semiannual financial reports according to the contract requirements;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university is required. A degree in a field relevant to the position is highly desirable
- Minimum seven years’ experience supervising and managing staff in complex, high-speed and challenging programs
- At least four years of experience working on technical assistance and support services to USG and community beneficiaries
- Demonstrated effectiveness in policy analysis and dialogue with host country governments
- Expertise devising security plans in fragile states strongly preferred
- Experience directly collaborating with host country government representatives
- Demonstrated working knowledge of project development, grant administration and management procedures as well as a mastery of the principles, methods, practices, and operational procedures of a variety of successful private business enterprises, NGOs or development programs
- Demonstrated experience in service provision of contracts or grants
- Fluency in English and French is a must.
About the Organization
Blumont is a global organization working in concert with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to build infrastructure, deliver lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and foster opportunities for long-term stability and development. With two decades of experience working in the world’s most challenging environments, we have the capacity to effectively operate in nearly any conditions. Blumont serves refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and other underserved populations through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience.