Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Director of Finance and Administration for the anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded Rwanda Orora Wihaze program. This program will sustainably increase the availably of, access to, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The goal of the program is to increase income for households, increase investment in ASF value chains and to improve nutritional outcomes for children and women of childbearing age.
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for the primary oversight and in-country leadership of all financial reporting and administrative operations through the life of the program. He or she will oversee financial operations for the program; conduct continual reporting to ensure the financial health of the program and the correct usage of funds. The successful candidate will have experience working with U.S. Government programs, the ability to oversee staff and partner organization finances, and a strong background in institutionalizing financial best practices.
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required. Master’s degree preferred;
* At least five (5) years’ experience managing finances and complex administration for large programs;
* Prior direct experience managing the finances and administration of a USAID-funded project is required; experience with procurement compliance and grants under contract;
* Experience and knowledge of USAID policies and business practices;
* Demonstrated extensive experience with project financial management, including financial controls, accounting, and audit, as well as reporting on accruals, pipeline, and expense validation and reimbursement to service providers;
* Fluency in written and spoken in English
Citizens of Rwanda are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.