Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seeks a Director of Finance and Operations for an upcoming CDC initiative focused on strengthening the government of Tanzania’s (GOT) capacity to develop, implement and use digital health to achieve HIV/TB epidemic control through interoperable information systems, governance, quality improvement and workforce support under PEPFAR.
The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for the financial and procurement aspect of the program to ensure it meets all CDC and U.S. government requirements in funds accountability. S/he will establish and manage financial and procurement systems and a set of protocols that enable transparency, accountability, and accuracy. S/he will negotiate agreements with sub-grantees and subcontractors and undertake all the necessary financial administration of sub-grants and sub-contracts. S/he will provide training, as necessary, for staff and partners in aspects related to financial systems, protocols and policies.
The Director of Finance and Operations will be required to:
- Provide overall financial and administrative leadership, coordination and support to ensure an effective and efficient operating platform for the project.
- Manage project start-up and support initial work planning process, oversee project close out activities and protocols.
- Coordinate with the HO Finance team in the home office to ensure project linkages and oversight.
- Develop program budgets with teams and monitor budget pipelines.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports to CDC and Cardno HQ as required.
- Manage internal and external financial audits of the program.
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the project and oversee preparation and timely submission of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Ensure that all project financial management, procurement and human resource practices are in compliance with U.S. government regulations and Cardno policy; this includes reviewing any subcontractors’ budgets.
- Ensure that expenditures are within budgets and in compliance with commitments made in work plans.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Master’s degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial management of large international projects.
- Knowledge of and experience with applying relevant CDC financial and administrative rules and regulations preferred.
- Strong supervisory and mentoring skills, with experience overseeing financial activities, including procurement, budget development and monitoring, and accounting as it pertains to the overarching project.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with host county governments, counterparts, non-governmental organizations and international donor agencies, preferably in public and private health sectors.
- Proficiency in the use of financial software applications (QuickBooks) Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Fluency in English.
Tanzanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization