Panagora seeks a full-time director to lead our organizational development (OD) and private sector engagement (PSE) strategy and activities. The OD/PSE director will be responsible for developing an OD/PSE strategy to increase Panagora’s thought leadership and expansion activities in the sector. The ideal candidate has direct experience working with USAID-funded projects to achieve USAID’s objectives in Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR), PSE, and is knowledgeable of USAID’s goals within its New Partnerships Initiative (NPI).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of Panagora’s work in organizational development and private sector engagement.
- Develop a corporate strategy to enhance Panagora’s thought leadership in the OD/PSE sectors while applying tactics increase market share.
- In collaboration with the new business team, lead capture and new business development in the areas of OD/PSE, including technical conceptualization and writing; development of new partnerships and technical resources; recruitment of high-quality technical personnel.
- Represent Panagora as a thought leader on OD and PSE through the development of white papers; contribution to and participation in industry events, meetings, and conferences; publish technical articles.
- Carry out technical assignments and oversee OD and PSE activities and contracts; serve as company liaison with clients and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical supervision to contracts, including development and implementation of annual activity work plans and budgets, ensuring compliance with contract requirements.
- Provide activity updates, lessons learned, and stories for marketing, communications, and learning purposes.
- Monitor and support activity performance via regular tracking of financial and program reports, performance data, communication with field teams, and periodic supervisory travel.
- Ensuring short-term assignment are staffed and carried out as planned, including through clear scopes of work, high-quality personnel, and facilitative oversight.
- Actively support and representing Panagora’s mission and values in conduct and communications.
- Mentoring staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
- Master’s degree in organizational development, social science, business administration, or international development or an advanced degree in a relevant field.
- 10-15 years of working in organizational development, specifically in the international development sector.
- Direct experience with USAID programming and implementation in the context of USAID policies in J2SR, NPI, and PSE
- Experience building and administering organizational capacity assessments, managing organizational change processes, and strategic planning required.
- Experience working to strengthen and building relationships with private sector.
- Demonstrated project management skills at a leadership level in a USAID context.
- Strong track record to lead and support winning proposals including the ability to conceptualize and write technical proposals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Experience living and working in a developing country.
- Experience working in one or more foreign languages.
Reports to: President & CEO
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Please visit our website at https://panagoragroup.net/jobs/ to apply. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.