Abt Associates seeks qualified Director of Strategic Information for the anticipated USAID-funded HIV Services and Systems Strengthening (HS3) project, based in the Dominican Republic. The project aims to strengthen the Dominican Republic’s public and private efforts to maximize the quality, coverage, and impact of the national HIV response, particularly to serve key and priority populations, and to accelerate achievement of the 90-90-90 targets through innovative best practices that are free of stigma and discrimination. We are looking for individuals who are committed to exceeding expectations and who strive to improve the lives of people worldwide.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, lead and oversee the project’s strategy to strengthen the use of health data and information at all levels of the health system for evidence-based decision making and to improve quality, access and planning of the Dominican Republic’s HIV response.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity strengthening at all levels of the Government of Dominican Republic and other stakeholders in the development of and implementation of data analysis, use, and dissemination strategy.
- Design strategy and activities to improve capacity on triangulating and use of data from multiple data sources to inform policy and decision-making.
- Contribute to the design of robust, user-friendly, high-quality interfaces for data visualization and data dissemination to enhance national and regional supported evidence-based programming for improved service delivery, access to services and equity of HIV care.
- The director will also be responsible for designing and leading the project’s strategy for collecting, reporting, and using data to monitor progress and impact of the project activities.
- Collect and report data from clinical sites on a monthly basis in a manner that aligns with PEPFAR’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting Indicators.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Health Informatics, Public Health or other related field.
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics for decision making in the health field.
- Previous experience with PEPFAR reporting requirements and HIV–related indicators strongly desired.
- Previous experience in the Dominican Republic, preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish, and strong English writing/speaking skills required.
- (6+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1965, Abt Associates was built on the concept that sound information and empirical analysis are the best foundations for effective decision making. The firm blends the subject matter expertise of our staff with technical capabilities in applied research, program implementation, and data collection to shape policy, strengthen systems, measure performance, and deliver other solutions to our public and private sector clients. Examples of Abt Associates’ work include nationally recognized research, evaluation, and technical assistance to improve the efficiency of healthcare systems, the effectiveness of government housing programs, the production of food, and the measurement of public opinion. Abt’s staff of more than 2000 includes national and international experts who are known for their understanding of communities and governments worldwide, innovative research techniques, and insightful—and often groundbreaking—analyses and recommendations. Approximately 51 percent of our staff has graduate degrees; one in six has a doctorate. Our staff’s educational and professional disciplines include economics, engineering, environmental analysis, epidemiology, food security, health, housing, international development, psychology, social science, statistics, and survey methodology. Abt’s research staff is experienced with prominent statistical software packages, including SPSS, SAS, and STATA, along with qualitative software such as NVIVO and Atlas. In 2011, Abt Associates was ranked among the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 development innovators. Abt has offices in Atlanta, Ga.; Rockville, Md.; Cambridge, Mass.; Chicago, Ill.; Durham, N.C.; and New York City and program offices in nearly 40 countries in Africa, Central and Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa. www.abtassociates.com