*Preferred locations: London,U.K.; Washington, D.C.; New York, N.Y.; Brussels, Belgium. Position location to be based on home country of successful candidate within a jurisdiction (country or U.S. State) where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Director, Peacebuilding and Conflict Sensitivity, you will lead World Vision International’s Peacebuilding and Conflict Sensitivity Team and provide strategic and technical leadership for World Vision’s (WV) global thought and practice on peacebuilding and conflict sensitivity. This is a vital part of expanding WV’s ministry in fragile contexts. You will be responsible for leading external engagement for World Vision on children and youth peacebuilding, inter-religious conflict sensitivity and peacebuilding, and conflict sensitivity across all WV’s ministries (disaster management, transformational development, and advocacy).
- Master’s degree or higher with specialization in peacebuilding, conflict, international relations or similar relevant field.
- Over 10 years of peacebuilding technical experience.
- Working knowledge of peacebuilding and conflict-sensitivity teams within multilateral organisations (UN, World Bank) and bilateral donors (e.g. DfID, USAID, GiZ) in Global Capitals.
- Experience in grant proposal design and implementation.
- Previous attendance at a major international peacebuilding conference (e.g. BuildPeace, Geneva Peace Week, Alliance for Peacebuilding, World Bank Fragility Forum).
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 33% of the time, including regular travel to conflict-affected contexts.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 13 AUG 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.