This Director position will be responsible for the key pieces of the IDEA results framework, including but not limited to leading donor focused teams, who work across the full business and project lifecycles, in identifying high priority prospects (strategic partners and donors) and developing and executing institutional engagement plans to increase CRS influence, collaboration and revenue with priority donors, strategic partners and prospects; representing CRS with priority donors and prospects; developing standards of excellence in donor/strategic partner and prospect engagement, including optimizing the use of Salesforce, with the intent of increasing continued business and bringing in new partnerships to advance CRS’ Vision 2030; working collaboratively across the department with business development and project support teams to deliver on the negotiated awards with donors and strategic partners; and leveraging existing portfolios to influence donor practice and policies as it relates to high priority sectors of interest.
* Develop and execute macro-level donor engagement strategies to increase influence with and revenue from priority donors and partners, in collaboration with CRS’ overseas and headquarters departments and divisions.
* Contribute to resource mobilization strategies, including helping to establish new partnerships to realize Vision 2030.
* Lead the identification and analysis of emergent donor and prospect priorities and policies that impact CRS and collaborate with relevant teams, departments and divisions to develop and convey CRS’ organizational position and response.
Representation and Networking:
* Build and sustain networks with individuals and organizations who influence donor program strategies, funding priorities, award regulations and requirements.
* Work within IDEA, HQ and field-based technical staff and with CRS Regional Directors to discern best tactics and appropriate representation in various fora where key institutional donors are present, considering technical expertise, competitive positioning and ability to influence.
* Represent CRS at senior levels with donors, prospects and partners, including Caritas members, to cultivate and strengthen institutional relationships, position for and pursue promising opportunities, negotiate favorable terms and partnerships, resolve operational issues, and advance common ground.
* Lead a team of relationship managers who engage in positioning, business development, proposal preparation and active collaboration with donors in program design and implementation and help coordinate agency response to donor trends and requirements.
* Coordinate cwith peers to negotiate competing priorities within CRS’ broader resource acquisition and management goals, and to ensure consistent staff, clear communications and institutional learning, and a coherent business approach across donor teams.
* Support the improvement and uptake of CRS’ global pipeline, utilization of Salesforce as a CRM and modelling the use of competitive intelligence and data analytics for strategic planning and department investment decisions.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Affairs or Development, or equivalent degree.
* 10+ years of relevant experience, including new business development, award management, and/or international relief and development practice. Overseas work experience preferred.
* 5+ years supervisory experience.
Required Languages – English required, French and/or Spanish a plus.
Travel - up to 25%.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.