Job Title: Director of Supply Chain
Reports To: Chief of Party with dotted lines to the Head of Operations
Country/Location: Dakar/ Senegal
The position is contingent on donor funding
*Interviews done on a rolling basis
You will plan, manage, and provide technical and operational oversight of all supply chain activities – including procurement, logistics, transportation, and warehousing - to ensure effective and efficient delivery of goods to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to anticipate and manage supply chain needs and challenges, and introduce improvement solutions, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
* Collaborate with direct reports and programming leads to strengthen the pipeline and supply chain management plan. Manage the determination of procurement and logistics service requirements, desired specifications and delivery schedules, and how sourcing strategies are defined, ensuring proper coordination and communication.
* Ensure accountability and transparency of all supply chain operations in compliance with CRS and donor regulations, and international and local standards and requirements.
* Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports. Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high quality programming.
* Lead design and implementation of a strategic sourcing and procurement process to identify, assess, select and contract suppliers that will deliver the maximum value for money to the organization. In close coordination with the procurement team oversee relationships with key suppliers and assess supplier performance.
* Manage logistical infrastructure, storage facilities and transportation resources. Oversee application of systems and procedures for inventory and commodity transportation, warehousing, and distribution, as well as for vehicle management to ensure proper handling and safeguarding of assets. Ensure related safety and security protocols are implemented.
* Oversee inventory control and the management of comprehensive goods tracking and record keeping systems throughout the whole supply chain cycle, from time of request until time of delivery. Ensure timely preparation and submission of various reports.
* Create and maintain the proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Provide capacity strengthening guidance, which includes cross-departmental learning.
* Serve as the primary representative of CRS/Senegal in relevant commodity related meetings.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or other relevant degree required. Master’s Degree in Supply Chain, other relevant Master’s strongly, or equivalent experience strongly preferred. Professional certification(s) in supply chain a plus.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in supply chain/logistics/procurement management with progressive responsibilities, preferably with relief supply chain management.
* Knowledge of and experience with various public donors’ regulations. Understanding of the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), WHO regulations and Generally Accepted Commodity Accountability Principles (GACAP).
* Knowledge of national and international import/export legislation and common customs regulations.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
* Excellent writing and communication skills in English and French
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable):
* 30% of time of required travel to field offices.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Regional Distribution Managers, Commodity Accountant
Internal: Country Representative, HoOPS, HOP, Program Managers, Logistics Manager, Procurement Officers, Administrative Manager, HR Manager, IT Manager and other Support Managers, HQ Shipping, DRD for Management Quality, Internal and External Auditors.
External: Host Country port and shipping authorities, clearing and forwarding agents, shipping companies, transporters, vendors.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. The position is contingent on donor funding.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.