The DPS Project Associate will support the DPS Manager with day-to-day program management and business development. Business Development functions will include conducting opportunity and client research, drafting technical inputs for proposal and RFI responses, and supporting recruitment efforts. Program Management functions will include supporting administrative and HR areas such as timesheet approvals, new employee onboarding, expense report reconciliation, and invoice reviews. The Project Associate must be flexible, manage multiple priority assignments, and be interested in learning the ins and outs of business development and program management at a fast-paced, growing government contracting firm.
- Support capture efforts including bid tracking, opportunity research, client research, and brainstorming for proposal strategies.
- Draft responses to RFIs and Sources Sought Notices.
- Support proposal coordination of bids including developing proposal calendars, bid budgets, and supporting BD team members.
- Research, write, and/or edit various sections of DPS proposals including technical approach, management plan, and past performance.
- Support graphics development and formatting for DPS proposals such as organizational charts, icons, text boxes, and final formatting and production.
- Support DPS Recruiter with proposal recruitment efforts by editing job ads, sourcing candidates, and formatting CVs.
- Learn and adapt to Dexis Business Development procedures and guidelines.
- Support administration of DPS projects including personnel support, timesheet management, IT compliance, vendor management, and procurement support.
- Provide outstanding support to project staff by answering questions, conveying accurate information from DPSnet and Dexis HQ, and assisting with ad-hoc inquiries.
- Support candidate outreach, schedule interviews, and schedule employee onboarding.
- Maintain positive relationships with DPS project staff and support greater staff engagement.
- Collaborate effectively with other functional areas such as HR and recruitment as needed.
- Organize and update project files and documents in SharePoint regularly.
- Assist DPS Manager in developing deliverables such as transition plans or annual reports.
- BA in business, finance, international relations, public health, or related field required.
- Minimum two years of work experience, preferably in the field of business development and/or in government contracting business operations with DOD, DOS, DOC, or HHS.
- Ability to produce clear, compelling, and motivating written and oral communications.
- Interest and ability in learning government contracting procedures and best practices.
- Ability to solve problems creatively, work collaboratively in a small team, and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple ongoing assignments, and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products; knowledge of Salesforce, GovWin, GovTribe, and FPDS is a plus.
- Recruiting and HR experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in the US is required. Visas will not be sponsored for this position.
- Total commitment to Dexis’ core values (Ingenuity, Integrity, and Investment in People), its mission and objectives.
- Ability to produce thorough, high quality work within a tight timeframe
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, team members, and project personnel.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
- Willingness to work in start-up or close-out, with non-standard hours as needed.
About the Organization
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Ingenuity, Integrity, Investment in People-these are the guiding principles of our culture. We empower our staff to work together with colleagues at all levels and be part of the decision-making process; we create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. We’re committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation in the global development arena. As a DPS employee, we will challenge you, we will empower you, and we will mentor you.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview. DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.