Cardno is seeking a Driver and Logistics Assistant for the USAID Biodiversity Program in Papua New Guinea.
The USAID Papua New Guinea (PNG) Biodiversity Program is a five-year conservation program based in Port Moresby. The program aims to strengthen the management of environmental resources in PNG to promote conservation of the country’s exceptional biodiversity and enhance the resilience of its people. The biodiversity program will reduce significant threats to priority biodiversity hotspots in PNG by supporting communities to manage their customary lands and waters, working at both national and local levels to develop the capacities needed to provide communities with the legal, technical, and financial resources required to achieve the sustainable management of their natural resources. The program seeks a Driver and Logistics Assistant to support staff in all travel around Port Moresby as needed, as well as support office operations such as copying, printing, and other logistics and operational support as needed. The Driver and Logistics Assistant is a local position and therefore ineligible for USAID allowances.
- Transport, Administration and Logistic Support for the USAID biodiversity conservation program;
- Provide transportation for the Program, staff pickup and drop off, airport collection and transport of visitors as directed by the Senior Managers;
- Coordinate with the operations manager to follow up and execute driver planning and scheduling using Outlook Calendar or other means of scheduling as assigned, keep a logbook of all vehicle use and travel, and register transportation requests with the operations manager in the relevant location as assigned;
- Assist the Finance team to deliver purchase orders, payment transfers to the bank and/or suppliers, conduct petty cash purchases for minor office expenditure;
- Register, deliver and distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing;
- Assist the Operations team to obtain quotations and raise procurement requisitions for small value purchases (as required);
- Collect airline tickets, vouchers and equipment for program teams and advisers;
- Assist program teams and advisers in the facilitation of driving licenses or certification of documents;
- Submit entry visa applications for official travel to various Embassies/Consulates and collect visas;
- Deliver correspondence to government authorities and assist in processing various permits (such as airport pass etc.);
- Liaise with the operations manager on all airport transfers of and support for leased vehicles;
- Assist Office Manager with Asset Management, transfers, labelling and stock takes;
- Assist IT Officer with support tasks and develop IT support function redundancy;
- Provide relief reception assistance when required;
- Proactively assist teams and work flexibly across the program;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Conduct weekly vehicle inspection and submit forms to the operations manager;
- Follow up on safety sticker renewal and registrations;
- Obtain quotes for minor vehicle maintenance;
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tire condition and report to Supervisor for action;
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary;
- Check oil, water and tires properly and keep the lease vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside;
- Update monthly mileage records and provide data to Supervisor for monthly operations reporting; and
- Perform other duties as required.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION: Grade 12 Certificate
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 5 years of previous experience in a similar driver and administrative role for USAID or another international donor project
Knowledge and Skills:
- REQUIRED: valid and appropriate level driving license;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral English language skills;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to meet management deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with the aim of providing administrative support in an efficient manner;
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
Applicants must submit their CV and Cover Letter, including “PNG and Job Title” on the subject line of the email. CV and cover letter should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.