Position Type: Consultant (short-term technical assistance) (based on contract award)
Work Location: Washington, DC, USA (Remote work is a possibility)
ME&A is recruiting a Senior Evaluation Expert for the U.S. Department of State (DoS), Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) program. The purpose is to conduct an ex-post evaluation of rule of law projects administered by DRL’s Office of Global Programs (DRL/GP). As persistent gaps remain between the rights conferred by law and the lived realities for many around the globe, DRL rule of law projects primarily focus on ensuring equitable access to justice, and equality before the law, for human rights defenders, civil society organizations, and vulnerable groups. The objectives of this ex-post evaluation include: (i) understanding the extent to which approaches led to expected effects, and whether any positive or negative unexpected effects occurred; (ii) exploring whether approaches led to sustainable effects. It is anticipated that the findings of this ex-post evaluation can be used by DRL and project implementers to learn which approaches were relevant and effective, and to inform strategy and funding decisions.
Overseeing all aspects of evaluation and special study activities, such as planning and budgeting for each assigned activity, providing relevant technical guidance, identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, research, reporting and deliverables.
- At least twelve (12) years of experience is preferred in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design.
- Must have experience in conducting project and program evaluations, surveys, assessments, and data analysis.
- Experience in conducting and managing impact evaluations is required.
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience is also required.
- Experience working in USG M&E projects is desired.
- Working experience East Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa is desired.
- Must have knowledge of international best practices on project design, implementation, evaluation and learning as well as excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Experience leading the design, implementation, analysis and reporting for an impact evaluation is preferred.
- Evidence of advanced evaluation design and advanced statistical analysis including multi-level modeling, propensity score matching, conducting power analysis for clustered evaluations and, fluency with a statistical software package.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting randomized controlled trials and quasi-experimental designs.
- The capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in research methods, social science, development or a related field.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.