USAID | Public Financial Management and Trade
e- Government Procurement Expert
I. Scope of Work
A. Background and Specific Challenges to Be Addressed
Deloitte Consulting LLP is implementing USAID’s Sri Lanka Public Financial Management and Trade activity (PFM+T). PFM+T contributes to the USAID Mission Goal of Improved Prosperity, Accountability, and Equality for a Stable Democratic Jordan, specifically Development Objective #1 of the Country Development Cooperation Strategy: Broad-Based Economic Development Accelerated, Intermediate Result #4, Fiscal Stability and Public Financial Management Improved.
PFM+T focuses on the following two main objectives:
Objective 1: Public Financial Resources Mobilized and Effectively Managed
- Mobilized Public Revenue;
- Improved Public Sector Procurement Functions; and
- Improved Public Sector Audit Functions.
Objective 2: Trade Facilitation Improved
- Increased institutional GSL capacity on trade;
- Strengthened trade policies and their implementation to remove bottlenecks for international trade; and
- Strengthened private sector ability to export and import.
B. Objective of the Assignment
The e-Government Procurement (e-GP) Expert will support the Objective 1, Public Financial Management Lead to determine the next steps required to operationalize the e-GP system across the GOSL.
C. Tasks under this Scope of Work
- Provide e-procurement expertise to PFM+T project in Sri Lanka
- Review e-GP modules and their readiness for deployment to line ministries and agencies
- Assess current e-GP implementation efforts including training requirements
D. Specific Deliverables under this Scope of Work
The Expert shall produce the following deliverables by the end of his/her assignment:
- Report (PowerPoint or Word) on e-GP modules with recommendation for deployment to line ministries and agencies
- e-GP implementation plan including training requirements
Written deliverables will be prepared in the PFM+T-branded Deliverable MS Word or MS PowerPoint template that will be provided by the PFM+T Objective Lead overseeing the work.
II. Place and Period of Performance
The place of performance is the PFM+T office and the government counterpart offices as required in Sri Lanka. The period of performance is 1 year. The advisor will report to the Objective 1 Lead.
IV. Key Qualifications Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in public financial management, including extensive knowledge of system requirements assessments and business processes requirements
About the Organization
Deloitte LLP is the U.S. member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and services are provided by its subsidiaries (the Deloitte U.S. Entities), including Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit, assurance and risk management related services, Deloitte Consulting LLP, which provides strategy, operations, technology, systems, outsourcing and human capital consulting services, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP.
Deloitte Consulting LLP (Deloitte Consulting) is one of the world’s leading consulting firms for business strategy, operations, technology, and human resources planning. Deloitte Consulting provides services that are designed to bring together the unique experience, scale, and capabilities of their professionals to help clients in their efforts to address their most complex business problems.
The Emerging Market sector of Deloitte Consulting works with clients to implement economic reforms, support financial and private sector growth, and develop capacity.