Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking an Ebola Technical Advisor to support USAID’s Office of US Foreign Disaster Assistance in a surge or temporary capacity. This position is located in the Democratic Republic of the Congo with travel required to areas in the region. The Ebola Technical Advisor will provide technical support to the Ebola response in the DRC on OFDA’s behalf. This position includes immediate deployment within seven days with forward deployment to other areas in the DRC as requested, with the requirement to move about the region to evolving hotspots.
Location: DRC, Goma with forward deployment to additional areas in the DRC such as Beni, Mambasa, Kinshasa, and others
A US secret security clearance or above is required to qualify for this position.
- 12 plus years of related experience with a Master’s degree, 15 plus years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 20 plus years without a degree
- Strong technical background in infectious disease that includes Ebola response experience
- Previous humanitarian coordination experience, particularly Health or WASH clusters
- Some epidemiology background (previous outbreak response)
- US Secret Clearance
- Fluent French Language skills required
Roles and Responsibilities:
These roles and responsibilities would be divided among other staff depending on the experience and skill sets.
- Provide technical assistance and analysis in terms of coordination, health, and epidemiological issues on behalf of USAID.
- Ensure greater range of technical and coordination data and information from deployment site areas is shared with USAID team in Goma and Kinshasa in real-time to facilitate analysis and response planning
- Ensure USAID team is aware of all data points, information is transmitted from deployment site by the existing coordination structures.
- Monitor and report on issues of concern—such as payment of health care workers, contact tracing coverage, etc—within the response to provide real time input for decision making.
- Assist with humanitarian coordination of International NGOs funded by USAID.
Surge staff will communicate directly with and take technical direction from the USAID/OFDA Health Advisor in Goma/Kinshasa. A second USAID/OFDA Health Advisor from USAID headquarters will serve as the secondary point of contact to surge staff.
Milestones / Deliverables include:
- Daily Notes: Must capture notes from coordination meetings and discussions with partners/host government and submit daily by end of business.
- Weekly Reports: Draft report which contains data and information on current situation and includes any issues of concern and submit by end of business on Fridays.
- Weekly Telecons: Every Monday at 9am EST, teleconference with DART/RMT.
- Monthly Telecons: Every 1st Wednesday at 9am EST, teleconference with DART/RMT.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.