Entry-level temporary position assisting small international development consultancy with document preparation. Hours and schedule are flexible. Total commitment expected to be approximately 35 days. Writing responsibilities expected to be 80% of work, with primary effort being past project performance summaries.
- Reviewing project reports to identify key information and indicators to be used in company qualifications statements
- Reviewing company publications to identify key information and indicators to be used in company qualifications statements
- Review of third party materials (websites, documents, etc.) to provide context
- Develop company qualifications statements for regional and technical areas with assistance of project manager
- Develop summaries of performance on past projects based on document reviews with assistance of project manager
- Assist project manager to develop short (1-2 page) briefings on company’s work for distribution to partners and clients
- Ongoing revision and finalization of documents generated
- Assisting project manager with document editing
- Maintaining CV database
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English language
- Familiarity with USAID programs preferred
- Basic knowledge of graphic design preferred
About the Organization
J.E. Austin Associates (JAA) is a highly respected and innovative development consulting firm that pioneers new approaches and on-the-ground implementation to help developing and emerging economies generate sound and inclusive business-led growth. For 25 years we have helped business and government leadership to achieve rapid growth that is economically, politically, and socially sustainable. We are a proven leader in adapting advanced business tools, management methodologies and analytical techniques to the contextual realities of business and policy environments in less developed and emerging economies. We typically work in over 30 countries each year, in areas such as strategic planning, competitiveness, value chain, entrepreneurship, agribusiness, investment, and workforce development.