Apply by: 16 December 2018
Start date: 20 December 2018 (approximate)
End date: 28 February 2019 (approximate)
About the project
This project will help develop the use of digital resources in Moroccan classrooms by mapping the content of LearnEnglish teens website to the Moroccan curricula. In partnership with the Ministry of National Education, open resources available on the website will be mapped to Year 9 (15 years old) and Year 10 (16 years old) of the English curricula.
The ministry will select a commission composed of eight English teachers, two education inspectors and an expert from the direction of curricula in the ministry. This commission will participate in a two-day training workshop to introduce the use of digital resources in the classroom. The commission will then work on creating a catalogue to map the digital content to the Moroccan textbooks for the two mentioned year groups. The catalogue will be tested in four pilot classes to monitor its impact and make changes if necessary.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced education consultant to design and deliver a two-day training programme in Rabat. The training will focus on the following:
- Strategies to integrate digital resources in the classroom to complement English textbooks;
- An overview of LearnEnglish teens website and a presentation of content available for the level and age of targeted students;
- Template of a toolkit for the mapping exercise;
- Practice session to initiate participants to the mapping process.
The consultant will also review the mapping catalogue after its completion and conduct a virtual follow-up meeting with the commission to give comments. The consultant will then be responsible for editing and finalizing the catalogue.
Activity 1: Design training session
Deliverable: Training program
No. of days: 5
Activity 2: Deliver training session
Deliverable: Training delivered in Rabat by end of January (Dates to be confirmed)
No. of days: 2
Activity 3: Review mapping catalogue
Deliverable: Comment on the catalogue
No. of days: 1
Activity 4: Editing and finalising
Deliverable: Final version of the mapping Catalogue
No. of days: 4
Qualifications and experience required
- Extensive English language teaching and training experience;
- Extensive experience of consulting on projects related to educational technology and digital literacy;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of educational technologies.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Knowledge of and experience with British Council digital content available on LearnEnglish and TeachingEnglish website;
- Experience of mapping digital resources to school curricula;
- Experience and/or understanding of Moroccan context and education system;
- Good (verbal and written) communication skills in Arabic or French.
How to apply
Please send your CV tailored to the above requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Consultancy for digital resources in the classroom’
Please note, we can only respond to successful applicants and only within five days of the application deadline.
About the Organization
The British Council creates opportunities for people worldwide by helping societies achieve change in education, civil society, skills, the public sector and justice. Working closely with governments, donors and businesses, we deliver value for money solutions that are both effective and sustainable.