DevTech is recruiting for an E-Learning Developer to work with the USAID Data Services team within the Bureau for Management Chief Information Officer. The E-Learning Developer will lead the development of courseware and additional media resources, to build the data literacy and capacity of USAID. The E-Learning Developer will work with the Training Manager and other Training team members to enhance the capacity of USAID staff to take advantage of data assets and other digital resources and oversee the development of an Agency-wide data training framework and curriculum.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain strategic direction and vision for course development for training programs while enforcing course development standards.
- Design, develop, and deliver materials and learning tools (e.g. eLearning, webinars, Instructor Led, and other related training materials).
- Ability to apply sound Instructional Design Principles.
- Work with synchronous and asynchronous learning programs that may be delivered through various methods (e.g. in-person, distance, multi-media, and online).
- Create infographics, videos, and custom graphics to be used in marketing, eLearning or other course related items.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, recommend new technologies and software to the team.
- Create sound graphic design layouts and animations.
- Effectively communicate technical concepts and terminology to a non-technical audience.
- Work daily with information technology and desktop automation tools, including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Skype.
- Stay informed as to relevant skill and qualifications levels required by staff for effective performance.
- Recommend learning strategies to Training Manager and other training team members to improve delivery of content and effectiveness of facilitators.
- Act as an educational resource to support professional development plans for employees. Provide feedback on issues identified through training and recommends solutions/actions to be taken.
Qualifications & Multimedia Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, graduate degree preferred.
- Five years of direct development of instructional tools in an academic or business environment.
- Proficiency in online training development tools and technologies such as: Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise, TechSmith Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, SCORM, and learning management systems, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, Audition) and HTML/HTML5 (emphasis on Articulate experience).
- Advanced proficiency and proved experience in eLearning design and development, with a portfolio that highlights a diverse breadth of eLearning course development projects.
- Thorough technical skills in computer applications for web production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration, presentation preparation, video authoring and editing, audio recording and editing.
- Ability to work in both independently and in a collaborative team environment and demonstrate highly organized multi-tasking skills, flexibility in applying design changes while meeting ambitious target deliverable dates is required.
- Effectively leverage current and future content development software and platforms to deliver an engaging learner experience.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.