Dexis Professional Services (DPS), a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
DPS seeks two Emergency Management Specialist 1 & 2 for India to provide comprehensive emergency management technical assistance and support services to CDC India. This will focus on a comprehensive package of emergency management and preparedness services to support both the US Embassy in New Delhi and the Government of India in for the form of dedicated emergency management specialist. This position will address the urgent need for public health emergency management capacity development for India, immediately applicable to the COVID-19 response and for future public health incidents and events. Overall to provide emergency management technical support to the US Embassy Mission and Government of India (GOI) in development of expanded preparedness and response capacity in support of COVID-19 .
This will be a full time (defined as at least 40-hour work week) position based in New Delhi, India. This position may ultimately be based in a U.S. Embassy facility.
This position is open to Indian Citizens and Local Nationals with legal permanent resident status. Local Nationals are especially encouraged to apply.
A. Task Requirements:
I. US Embassy Mission, New Delhi
- Establish and obtain approval for an Emergency Operation Plan (EOP) for the CDC
India Country office that is aligned with the US Mission and Consulates Emergency Action
- Establish and obtain approval for 14 SOPs for each section under the US Mission
to use this plan (e.g. Health and Human Services (HHS), Medical Unit, U.S. Agency for
International Development (USAID), Food and Drug Administration, U.S. Customs and
Border Protection, Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC), Front Office, Public Affairs
Section (PAS), Consular Affairs, Citizenship and Immigration Services, Human Resources
Office (HRO), Information Resource Management, , General Services Office (GSO);
Regional Security Office (RSO); and the American Community Support Association
- Establish and obtain approval for SOPs for login, activations and operational use of
the Web-EOC software (a software used for emergency management tracking and reporting)
for the US Embassy New Delhi and four US Consulates.
- Design and conduct two tabletop emergency management exercises to test the US
Embassy Delhi and US Consulate EOPs and related section level SOPs.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of critical sites and infrastructures at the
US Embassy New Delhi and four Consulates using the Federal Emergency Management
Association (FEMA and CDC’s Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Establish mitigation plans based on evidence-based results from the THIRA risk
and vulnerability assessments to reduce health impact for identified risks for the US
Embassy New Delhi and the four US Consulate staff.
- Establish a joint comprehensive training plan based on evidence-based results from
the THIRA risk and vulnerability assessments targeting US Embassy New Delhi and US
Consulates emergency management designees and surge staff
- Develop a joint training curriculum based on the proposed comprehensive training
plan in for US Embassy New Delhi and US Consulates emergency management staff.
- Provide emergency management training as per the reference training curriculum
for US Embassy New Delhi emergency management designees and surge staff
- Provide a joint emergency management training as per the referenced training
curriculum for US Consulates emergency management designees and surge staff
- Establish a multi-sectoral and multi-layered collaboration through a Memorandum
of Agreement (MOU) or Letter of Agreement (LOA) between the US Embassy New Delhi,
US Embassy Consulates, and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW)
including the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), and the National Disaster
Management Authority (NDMA) focusing on emergency management standards and
II. GOI and External Stakeholders
1. Update and obtain approval for the NCDC Strategic Health Operation Center
(SHOC) Infectious Disease Outbreak Management Plan and related SOPs (Epidemiology,
Microbiology, Zoonosis, HIV/AIDS, Biotechnology, Integrated Disease Surveillance
Program, Division of Parasitic Diseases, Administration and Finance, and the SHOC)
2. Establish and obtain approval for the MoHFW’s National EOC plan and related SOPs
3. Establish and obtain approval for five state specific infectious disease outbreak
management plans (states to be selected later)
4. Work with MoHFW to develop a National Preparedness Plan and supporting SOPs to align
with the National Health Policy and the National Disaster Management Plan
5. Establish an accredited Certify Emergency Management Program (CEM) within NCDC.
6. Develop an EOC Handbook for EOC activation, deployment of Rapid Response
Teams (RRTs) and Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) officers for outbreak investigations,
contact tracing, special surveillance and mass gathering events etc.
7. Develop a checklist and tool kit for contact tracing, field investigation, rapid
diagnostics and prophylactics.
- Master’s degree in medicine, or public health, or epidemiology, or health
- At least seven years of experience at the national and international levels, in health
operations, managing outbreaks and health emergencies
- Additional 3 years of related experience in managing human and financial resources
- Ability to communicate proficiently in at least one Indian languages in addition to
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Ingenuity, Integrity, Investment in People-these are the guiding principles of our culture. We empower our staff to work together with colleagues at all levels and be part of the decision-making process; we create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. We’re committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation in the global development arena. As a DPS employee, we will challenge you, we will empower you, and we will mentor you.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview. DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.