The ideal candidate for this position will be able to make effective decisions by carefully weighing future risks, benefits, and opportunities. This position starts at a salary of $ 72,030 (GS-11), with promotion potential to $ 86,335 (GS-12 grade level). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Recovery team within FEMA.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee’s official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an Emergency Management Specialist performing program support work for staff at FEMA headquarters and Regional Offices, as well as emergency management partners engaged in supporting disaster recovery. Typical assignments include:
- Developing and preparing emergency management policies, plans, and procedures
- Supporting the assessment and evaluation of disaster recovery processes, plans, standard operating procedures, and guidance
- Supporting the development of emergency management standards, regulations, practices, training, and procedures to identify, minimize or eliminate hazards and threats; developing and preparing emergency management policies, plans, and procedures.
- Coordinating and supporting the delivery of disaster recovery efforts together with other emergency managing stakeholders and partners.
- Providing advice and guidance on the delivery of disaster recovery programs and services
- Serving as part of the implementation team for recovery program components of emergency management programs and activities.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
12 - Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
About the Organization
Federal Emergency Management Agency's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards.