Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender and women’s economic empowerment, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Jordanian Employment Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded women’s economic empowerment and leadership activity in Jordan. The project will improve women’s access to job opportunities and leadership positions, improve perceptions about working women and women leaders, and enhance the equitable and safe enabling working environment for women.
- Support project component that addresses barriers/constraints to women’s access and participation in the workforce in Jordan.
- Support project activities related to increasing women’s access to job opportunities and leadership positions.
- Design and implement initiatives to increase women’s access to support services that hinder their participation in the workforce (childcare, transportation services, mentoring and networking opportunities, career counselling, access to information and training).
- Design and deliver training programs on workforce readiness and leadership.
- Build and maintain innovative partnerships with private sector partners.
- Provide inputs to the project’s work plan annually and contribute to pause and reflect sessions.
- Support donor reporting requirements, including writing sections of quarterly and annual program reports, implementing monitoring and evaluation, and other deliverables and requirements as specified in the project contract.
- Master’s degree in gender or another relevant international development field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in workforce development specific to women’s economic empowerment and leadership, especially in the Middle East.
- Prior experience on a USAID-funded project preferred.
- Knowledge of constraints and opportunities to women entering the workforce in Jordan, particularly in the private sector.
- Experience designing and delivering trainings.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Jordan.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).