ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking an experienced Enterprise Development Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Rural Agricultural Enterprises Development Activity. The activity is anticipated to facilitate access to finance for rural Small and Medium Enterprises (SME), address financial service providers’ barriers to lending to SMEs, and address barriers that limit agricultural enterprises’ ability to seek and qualify for loans. The position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
- Conduct assessment of enterprise markets system to identify constraints and opportunities in Zambia.
- Facilitate the work plans development, implementation and ongoing monitoring within the enterprise market systems.
- Develop the interventions, result chains, indicators and document learning for enterprise market systems.
- Identifications, assessments and selections of the potential implementing partners for selected and emerging intervention areas.
- Build the business model and technical capacity of selected service providers that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of market functions.
- Engage in market promotion and dissemination of relevant market information in supporting the targeted enterprises.
- Identify and collate the context specific information at national and micro levels relevant for facilitating services or conditions for promoting the start-ups and growth of the enterprises.
- Perform other functions as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, or business administration from an accredited college or university.
- Ten (10) years field experience in enterprise development in Farm or Non-farm business/ marketing expertise.
- Eight (8) years training and capacity building experience of business teams in rural enterprises;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required; Fluency in Bemba, Nyanja, Tonga, or Loziis preferred.
Zambian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the OrganizationACDI/VOCA is a private, nonprofit organization that promotes broad-based economic growth and the development of civil society in emerging democracies and developing countries. Offering a comprehensive range of technical assistance services, ACDI/VOCA addresses the most pressing and intractable development problems.
Driven by the goal of adding value to local enterprise, which underlies prosperity and stability, ACDI/VOCA works in five main practice areas:
* Enterprise Development
* Financial Services
* Community Development
* Food Security
The ACDI/VOCA Difference
ACDI/VOCA has a proven record of development success dating back more than 45 years. This experience coupled with operational integrity, technical expertise and the ability to operate at scale means that clients and partners can always expect positive results from ACDI/VOCA.
ACDI/VOCA is also distinguished by its:
* identity as a nonprofit that means business
* proficiency at grassroots, self-help organizing
* private sector and market orientation
* dedication to beneficiary gains in income, jobs and savings
* leadership in value chain approaches to enterprise development
* legacy of lasting institutions and organizations
* vast talent bank
* experience working on a regional/global scale
* network of U.S. and international partners
* systems approach to technical solutions and operations
* grants-management capacity
* cutting-edge approaches to fragile/failing states, trade capacity building, public-private partnership, information and communications technology and integrated HIV/AIDS programming
* experience with large indefinite quantity contracts (IQCs)