As an international development agency dedicated to promoting entrepreneurship and building economically sound enterprises in the developing nations of Africa, South Asia and Central Asia, the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development S.A. (AKFED) is a Swiss Holding company which re-invests its profit mostly in parts of the world that lack sufficient direct investment. The AKFED group operates as a network of affiliates with more than 90 separate project companies employing over 59,000 people and the group’s consolidated revenue amounted to US$4.1 billion in 2016.
The Environmental and Social Coordinator will work directly with AKFED Network E&S sector officers with the aim to ensure the completion of the AKFED Environmental and Social Action Plan (ESAP) and the deployment and evolution of the AKFED Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) within the AKFED Network’s sectors and projects. The coordinator will provide organizational leadership and ensure consistency of ESMS operating procedures across the AKFED Network, with common language and definitions for communication across the AKFED Network.
- Supervise the group-wide ESMS and the implementation of the ESAP;
- Define, monitor and update E&S performance indicators;
- Propose, implement and operate adequate software tools;
- Prepare E&S Reports for the AKFED E&S Committee and Lenders;
- Ensure the identification and management of E&S risks within the sectors;
- Prepare an update the ESMS implementation, including key objectives, tasks, and budget for the coming year and 3-year forecast and strategic plan.
- Organise with the E&S sectors officers and/or complete regular audits of the ESMS in the sectors and projects.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with very strong organisational and coordination skills and experience of working with teams and processes remotely. The candidate must have at least five-year executive experience in the field of Environmental and Social matters on an international basis and ideally a training background in Environmental and Social change management.
The candidate must possess strong interpersonal and negotiation skills. The candidate will work directly with AKFED E&S sector officers, their managers, lenders’ representatives and consultants. The candidate must exhibit excellent reporting abilities and experience in operational audits. English both verbal and written is a prerequisite.
This is a local posting to be based in Karachi or Nairobi.
Qualified applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to www.akdn.org/careers/1140619
Deadline for applications is 26 January 2018.