Qualifications and skills
- Master Degree in Environmental Economics, Environmental Management, or other areas relevant to the profile
General professional experience
- At least 12 years experience in the sector relevant to the profile Specific professional experience
Specific professional experience
- Research and assessment on the economic impacts of environmental conservation initiatives
- International environmental agreements
- Environmental Strategic Assessments
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Appraisal of environmental impact of regulations or policies
- Community-based environmental conservation and development projects (incl. economic analysis)
- Cost benefit analysis, socio-economic and financial feasibility of environmental strategies & programmes
- Collection and analysis of environmental data
Experience in the following areas is considered an asset:
- Experience with organisations responsible for environmental management
- Experience in the SADC Region and/or other African countries
About the Organization
At WYG, our vision is clear: To inspire our clients and our people to create positive change through our imagination and expertise. Resourceful, confident and authentic, we promise unique solutions, and we deliver every time. The qualities we share help us match the impact of far bigger consultancies - from client focus and collaborative spirit, to strategic and ethical thinking.
As a leading socio-economic and technical consultancy, we help to improve the quality of life for people from Central and Eastern Europe to Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
WYG International is a leading international development consultancy, catalyzing change in societies to improve the quality of life of people throughout the world. Our projects are donor funded and support economic and social reform, wealth creation, good governance and the rule of law, as well as delivering improvements to the built environment and infrastructure.