The Environmental Governance Expert will lead efforts to support national and sub-national environmental policy and legislative reforms in Bangladesh. (S)he will work with relevant ministries and departments, commissions, and other public institutions engaged in biodiversity conservation and environmental governance, as well as with other stakeholders and actors engaged in legislative and policy advocacy efforts and will provide recommendations to decision-makers in accessible formats. Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage component for environmental governance;
- Facilitate inter-institutional dialogue to address policy contradictions among sectors that impact the conservation of protected areas and encourage greater interagency coordination;
- Facilitate public-private policy dialogue on topics related to protected area management and the conservation of natural resources.
- Lead capacity building efforts of national and sub-national governmental and local stakeholder organizations
- Master’s degree or higher (or equivalent experience) in biodiversity conservation, protected area management, environmental governance, public policy, or other relevant discipline.
- Eight (8) years of relevant technical experience working on public policy and environmental governance, policy, and regulation in south/southeast Asia, especially as relevant to the conservation and management of protected areas.
- Experience drafting environmental policy/laws/legal frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven experience facilitating dialog among high-level leaders and stakeholders across sectors.
- Experience with national level capacity building of government agencies, particularly the Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock, Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Climate Change, Ministry of Land, and other related ministries
- Experience with donor-funded projects, preferably USAID
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Please send your CV and letter of interest to BangladeshProposals@dai.com by October 1st . Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About the Organization
DAI delivers development. We do it in many of the world's most demanding environments, by integrating a broad range of disciplines. Over 40 years, our employee owners have built a forward-looking company — one that combines innovative thinking, deep technical knowledge, and professional project management. We approach our work with passion, analytical rigor, and open minds. By freely sharing what we learn, we have built a reputation as thought leaders who translate good ideas into action and action into results. Our global team of 1,500 development professionals welcomes each opportunity to solve a new problem, no matter how difficult. That's how DAI has earned the trust of the clients, partners, and people who work alongside us all over the world.