In support of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) in Ethiopia and the US Forest Service Office of International Programs (USFS), Management and Engineering Technologies International, Inc (METI) may seek one full-time program coordinator to manage and oversee a disaster risk management program in Ethiopia for one year. This skills search outlines activities and objectives for a potential full-time program coordinator position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight to and hands-on support for project implementation including engaging diverse stakeholders, coordination, empowering government of Ethiopia partners and tracking and managing day to day activities;
- Provide reporting and program implementation information on a regular basis to USFS/IP Washington, USAID/Ethiopia, and local partners;
- Finalize work plans, budgets, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Supervise a small team of personnel and identify short-term consultants as needed to implement technical program activities within Ethiopia;
- Collaborate closely with development assistance partners in Ethiopia working on disaster risk management to ensure this program leverages resources and coordinates with other partners;
- Lead program implementation and overall in-country management, ensuring the program considers political and cultural aspects of the Ethiopian context;
- Maintain effective relationships with leadership of relevant disaster management organizations.
· Experience managing USAID or US Government-funded projects overseas;
o Experience in Ethiopia or elsewhere in sub-Saharan Africa preferred;
· Experience managing a team of staff;
· Prior experience with US disaster management, humanitarian principles or programs desired;
· Excellent communication, diplomacy and interpersonal skills;
· Proven ability to work well with multi-level stakeholders;
· Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures including reporting, indicators and monitoring and evaluation;
· Professional written and spoken proficiency in English required;
· Strong ability to work independently in difficult conditions while maintaining productivity;
· Excellent organizational skills; product oriented;
· 6+ years of international experience;
· Experience and strong working knowledge of the US National Incident Management System (NIMS).
Position Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with local travel in support of project activities.
· If a qualified applicant is located, the individual would be hired through a contractor.
Please email your resume or CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com by July 31, 2020. Please include “Ethiopia Disaster Risk Management Program Coordinator” in the subject line. In the body of the email, please indicate where you saw this posting.
About the Organization
Management and Engineering Technologies International, Inc. (METI) works in support of the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) Office of International Programs by hiring staff to work on international natural resource projects. The USFS Office of International Programs promotes sustainable natural resource management and biodiversity conservation internationally. By linking the skills of the field-based staff of the USFS with partners overseas, the agency can address the world’s most critical forestry issues and concerns. The USFS regularly engages the agency's wide range of expertise in over 90 countries, for programs on sustainable forest management, climate change, combatting illegal logging, fire management, and other topics.