Chief of Party – USAID Ethiopia HIS
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
DAI seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project. The expected purpose of the project is to improve the collection and use of high-quality routine information in the health sector and contribute to improved quality, efficiency and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be the principal point of contact in Ethiopia for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for results under this activity. The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID/Ethiopia and Ethiopia Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) on technical matters. The COP will be responsible for responding to the COR and USAID/Ethiopia’s Contracting Officer. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under Contract.
• A minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field
• At least 10 years experience and demonstrated knowledge in national health data systems, data management and use, or social science research
• At least 5 years of experience in managing large, multi-faceted USAID-funded or other donor funded health information systems projects
• Demonstrated experience in leading, managing, and implementing large international development projects with similar depth and complexity to this RFP
• Demonstrated experience working in partnership with host governments, international donors, and implementing partners
• Significant experience with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities, USAID preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage large, diverse teams to successfully achieve the complex objectives of this contract
• Ability to galvanize government support and buy-in across ministries for the achievement of the objectives of the scope of work
• Ability to serve as the primary liaison with USAID, FMOH, Cooperating Partners, and other key stakeholders
• Ability to engage in high-level coordination and collaboration activities with cooperating partners and international and local implementing partners.
• Ethiopian national strongly preferred
• Fluency in Amharic and English
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a CV to email@example.com by June 30, 2018.
Please include Ethiopia HIS in the subject line with your submission. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.