: European Union – Central Asia water, environment and climate change cooperation
: Long-term, minimum 350 working days (at least 70% in the region)
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows: to promote sustainable development and circular economy in Central Asia.The purposes of this contract are as follows:
To enhance environment, climate change and water policies at national levels in CA and approximate them to EU standards; and
To promote informed green investments in the relevant sectors with the aim of contributing to measurable reductions in man-made pollution.The expected results (outputs) of the project are:
Result 1: Environmental policies and frameworks, including on water and climate change, developed.
Result 2: Environment-friendly infrastructure investments contributing to measurable reductions in man- made pollution identified/developed and submitted to IFIs for consideration.
Result 3: Improved environmental awareness among decision-makers, industry and civil society.
Qualifications and skills
General professional experience
- A University Degree in biology or earth sciences or engineering or environmental sciences or public administration or international relations or law, or a relevant, directly related discipline, or equivalent relevant professional experience;
- Fluent English is essential;
- A good working command of Russian (both oral and written) is essential.
Specific professional experience
- Preferably 15 years, but minimum 10 years of professional experience is required;
- Preferably 7 years, but minimum 5 years of cumulated experience in conducting institutional capacity-building in the fields of environmental governance and/or climate change;
- Preferably 5 years, but minimum 3 years of cumulated working experience in EU and/or EU accession countries is required.
- Experience in designing and delivering preferably 5, but minimum 3 training courses in the fields of environmental governance and enforcement as well as climate action is required;
- Preferably 3 years, but minimum 2 years of cumulated engagement(s) in capacity building actions promoting EU environmental legislation in the countries of Eastern Neighbourhood and/or Central Asia and/or EU accession countries will be an advantage.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org