Interested in a career that focuses on positively impacting quality of life and influencing global and national policies in the developing world? Then look at ICF. Backed by 30+ years of experience and a worldwide network of development professionals, we help clients promote sustainable development and build in-country capacity in leading areas such as global health, food security, climate change, and clean energy.
The International Health and Development Division of ICF seeks an experienced Senior Evaluation Team Lead to support ICF’s activities for USAID’s Food for Peace final performance evaluations in Guatemala and Uganda. The performance evaluations will utilize a mixed-method approach to assess change in development outcomes of a development food assistance projects in Uganda and Guatemala. Evaluation Team Lead will be hired as an independent consultant and will receive 60 days to complete the evaluation.
The successful Evaluation Team Lead will have the following essential credentials:
- Must have significant formal education in a field relevant to evaluation (e.g., program evaluation, statistics, economics, agricultural economics, anthropology, applied research, organizational development, sociology, or organizational change) at a post‐graduate or an evaluation professional continuing‐education level;
- Must have experience in leading (design, field work, and analysis) at least four mixed method evaluations in developing countries preferably with USAID;
The Evaluation Team Lead will provide technical leadership in infectious disease monitoring and evaluation to the project. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and management of the evaluation and serve as point of contact.
- Lead the management of three subject matter experts who will be members of the evaluation team.
- Lead the literature review and develop the draft and final Inception Reports.
- Develop the draft and final Evaluation Protocol and qualitative data collection tools.
- Coordinate with the team members and liaise with the implementing partner and stakeholders.
- Collect and analyze data ensuring adherence to the agreed‐upon Evaluation Protocol.
- Lead the writing of the draft and final Evaluation Report ensuring the quality of findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Coordinate all evaluation activities closely with the ICF Task Order Manager.
- PhD or MD, MPH or MPH with significant experience in a relevant evaluation, public health or social science field (epidemiology, demography, biostatistics, and international health).
- 10 years post-graduate experience conducting evaluations or social research or providing M&E technical assistance for food security or related fields.
- 5 years of international experience, preferably with USAID-related projects (including 2+ years working overseas in a developing country setting).
- Ability to travel internationally for at least 15 days.
- Fluency in written and spoke Spanish (for Guatemala evaluations).
- Proficiency in program monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in project management
- English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with people of diverse backgrounds
- Track record in peer-reviewed publication
About the Organization
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, helping improve the education of American youth, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's website is http://www.icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Come engage with us at icf.com.