Resonance is recruiting for an Evaluation Team Lead for a consultancy to conduct a final performance evaluation in the Latin America/Caribbean (LAC) region. The evaluation will provide answers to key questions that will facilitate a technically strong program closeout and inform future USAID LAC education programming. The assignment will include a combination of desk work, field work, and remote work to develop the final report and recommendations. This will include a three-week assignment in the field, scheduled to take place between June and September 2018.
- Lead overall activity, managing a team of five international and national consultants, and data collection support team, and ensuring quality control;
- Maintain close communication with Resonance’s home office staff and USAID;
- Review all relevant implementer reports including the Monitoring and Evaluation reports, workplans, and quarterly performance reports as well as documents in the LAC context;
- Lead the design of the methodology, and the in-country primary data collection to address gaps identified in the desktop research and document review;
- Lead semi-structure Key-Informant Interviews or Focus Groups in LAC;
- Provide overall leadership and management of the analysis and synthesis of the data obtained during field work and secondary analysis to develop preliminary findings that will then be used to develop a final report;
- Lead the drafting of the final performance evaluation report and PowerPoint presentation summarizing the findings, conclusions, and recommendations; and
- Participate in dissemination presentations and webinars to USAID staff and other relevant stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in International Development or International Affairs, Social Science, Education, Human Resources Development, Psychology, or another related field;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in projects’ evaluation and at least 5 years of experience leading qualitative research and performance evaluations in the education sector;
- Proven knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research;
- Ability to write, read and speak in Spanish and English, fluency in both languages preferred;
- Extremely strong and organized writing skills in English;
- Proven experience to efficiently manage a cross-functional and multi-sectoral team internationally;
- Prior experience evaluating USAID projects a must;
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines, and minimal guidance; and
- Eligibility to work in US.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Evaluation Team Lead, LAC” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.