Executive Assistant, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position.**
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Chief of Party (COP). The Executive Assistant will maintain the COP’s calendar, schedule meetings, answer calls, draft correspondence, take meeting minutes, arrange travel, and perform other administrative duties as assigned. Additionally, they will assist the COP in various aspects of project management such as tracking, compiling, and producing project work plans and reports, preparing presentations, providing logistical support for conferences, and writing/editing program materials as needed.
- Schedule coordination with stakeholders.
- Track, compile, and produce project work plans/reports.
- Arrange appointments and maintain the Outlook calendar for major events in the office.
- Arrange meetings, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls.
- Attend to protocol matters and maintain filing and correspondence system.
- Participate in organization and preparation of staff meetings and other meetings, take minutes, and follow-up on tasks.
- Support coordination between the MOH and the COP’s office.
- Create and maintain databases.
- Assist in organization and logistics for COP’s travel.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the COP.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working with databases, writing reports, producing charts/graphs.
- Experience in providing administrative/program support to health programs.
- Must have good computer skills, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well in teams and to manage interactions with staff professionally and responsibly.
- Attention to detail, confidentiality and a strong sense of judgment, problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects or similar donors preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.