Assessment of Applications - 2011/2012 European Instrument for Democracy & Human Rights Country-Based Support Scheme Call for Proposals
Expert in the Field of Assessment of Applications
In an EU Member State or in a Member State of the European Economic Area or in an official candidate country as recognised by the EU or in a developing country, as specified by the Development Assistance Committee of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD/DAC).
Start of project:
60 working days
Objective of the project:
The general objectives of the EIDHR financing instrument are to contribute to the development and consolidation of democracy and the rule of law, and respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms, within the framework of the Community’s policy on development cooperation, and economic, financial and technical cooperation with third countries, and consistent with the European Union’s foreign policy as a whole.
The specific objectives are enhancing respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms in countries and regions where they are most at risk; strengthening the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, supporting the peaceful conciliation of group interests and consolidating political participation and representation, etc.
Qualifications and skills
- Education at least up to Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience of a minimum of 10 years in one or more of the following disciplines: human rights, international relations, development studies, law, political science, peace studies/conflict resolution, and/or other related disciplines.
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
- Computer literacy
General Professional experiences
- At least 5 years of recent on-the-field, in-country professional experience in one or more of the following fields as they relate to Nigeria: promotion of human rights, gender, democracy and governance issues, civil society development, rule of law, political science, peace studies/conflict resolution, project cycle management or related topics.
Specific Professional experiences
- Good and current on-the-field, in-country understanding of the socio-political and development situation in Nigeria in relation to the priorities identified in the call for proposals (women and children’s/young people’s rights, trafficking, death penalty, torture, conflict prevention/resolution and peace building).
- Good and current knowledge of Nigerian NGOs, research institutions, universities, national institutions and other potential implementing partners.
- Sound knowledge and current experience in proposal writing and project management relevant to Nigeria.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV in EU format under the heading “Nigeria Expert in the Field of Assessment of Applications”.
When sending your application pl ease include an indication of your desired remuneration (day-rate). Please also make sure that you include one or more telephone numbers.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.