The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Technical assistance to support the reformation on employment policies and vocational education and training” in Albania.
The overall objective of the project, of which this contract will be a part is to contribute to the implementation of the NESS action plan 2019 - 2022, whose wider objectives include fostering decent job opportunities through effective labour market policies, offering quality vocational education and training to youth and adults, and promoting social inclusion and territorial cohesion and strengthening the Governance of the Labour Market.
Key expert 2 is responsible for contributing to, coordinating and monitoring the progress and the achievement of following Result 1 under Component 1 of this project:
Enhanced capacities of all staff in employment offices country-wide in order to implement the National Service Model (new service model); developed and delivered human resource management model for all the staff of the regional and local employment offices; developed and delivered training needs assessment, training packages based on the functional roles according to the needs of the staff and performance management tools.
Qualifications and skills
- Master degree or equivalent in education, law, economics, social science, public administration, human resource development;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken (min 2 points in the scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is excellent and 5 is basic);
- Computer literate
- Preferably 10 (ten) years but no less than 7 (seven) years of professional experience in the field of human resource development;
- Preferably 5 (five) years but no less than 3 (three) years of professional experience in Designing Capacity Development Models for Public Employment Services;
- Experience with human resource development in the public sector, preferably for public employment services;
- Experience in developing and implementing organizational and human resource performance management systems.
The location of the project team will be in Tirana, Albania. Therefore, Tirana will be the place of posting for the experts involved in this project. However, due to the nature of the services provided, the technical assistance team will be required to travel and spend longer periods in different Albanian regions related to the project.
Start date & period of implementation
The indicative starting date is September 2020. The period of implementation of the contract will be 24 months from this date (indicative 440 working days).
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement. We would like to ask you to apply with a CV in Europeaid format.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to improve the share of disabled employees, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.