The primary role of the Field Accounting Manager is to support and oversee the accounting and compliance activities of field projects by ensuring that Creative and its clients’ policies and procedures are properly understood and followed.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Field Accounting Manager reports directly to the Senior Accounting Manager in the Finance Division, and will work in close collaboration with project teams, Chief of Parties (COPs) and field staff.
- Technical support and oversight of all field accounting functions over the life cycle of the projects;
- Work Collaboratively with both HQ and field project teams to provide effective and compliant financial reporting;
- Expert in USG project financial management
- Indirect supervision of the field finance managers and their staff, including participation in their selection and annual evaluation processes;
- Supervise full compliance with Creative and our client’s policies, procedures, and authorities;
- Monthly review, consolidation, and integration of the field expense reports into the SL/Dynamics system;
- Oversight, custody and control of the company’s current assets held by the field projects, including, cash, advances, etc., and the process under which field offices are funded (i.e. wires, local payments, etc.);
- Supervise all registration and taxation reporting requirements, including regular interaction with outsourced and in-house accounting and tax advisors;
- Accounting and financial project start-up, including training, and close-out activities
- Periodic in-site review of project processes, records and controls;
- Ongoing support and pro-active communication with field Finance Managers and their staff;
- Facilitate treasury and banking operations by linking project teams with the Corporate Controller, Legal, Field Operations and other HQ departments;
- Under the direction of the Sr. Accounting Manager, Corporate Controller, and/or CFO, undertake special projects and assignments.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of international/field accounting & management, preferably in a professional services firm;
- Involvement/experience in international tax and legal matters;
- U. S government (USAID preferred) administrative compliance experience;
- Significant accounting application software knowledge and use;
- Exposure working with international operations;
- Proficiency in working with and improving automated accounting processes;
- Ability to work with and achieve results with a diverse group of personnel located in many countries;
- Familiarity with accounting in a US government-contracting environment;
- Verbal and written fluency in French; and
- Willing to travel – up to 15% of the year.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Windows based Microsoft Dynamic SL 2015 and Crystal reports;
- Previous experience with USAID and DOS regulations (OMB Circulars, Code of Federal Regulations and Federal Acquisition Regulations) highly desirable.