The Field Recruiter for Contracts/Proposals is primarily responsible for the identification, screening, interviewing and referral of candidates for potential employment with Catholic Relief Services. Working in partnership with proposal and/or country teams, he/she provides guidance on staffing tactics-based requirements outlined in RFP, RFA and Task Orders. The Talent Acquisition Specialist for Contracts/Proposals is a new position which will support the agency’s competitive positioning for and pursuit of USAID, DFSA and other proposals/RFPs through assistance and acquisition mechanisms. While primarily focused on recruitment of key personnel, the Talen Acquisition Specialist will also assist country teams, as appropriate, with the recruitment of non-key personnel for project start-up. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining a large network of current and potential candidates for key positions in East Africa (EARO) and for working collaboratively with other specialists, ensuring CRS can identify and secure high performing / high potential staff.
You will join a highly collaborative, senior team of recruiters who are passionate about contributing to CRS’s global mission. We help each other and know how to have fun.
Please note: We will only consider National/local candidates with appropriate right to work in the country
Our East Africa Region consists of the following countries:
Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Participate in the development, planning, and implementation of recruiting activities designed to enhance CRS’ ability to attract and retain qualified international and local candidates. Primary sourcing and recruitment related activities will be placed on RFP, RFA and Task Orders
- Develop and maintain network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Work closely with the Global Sourcer to grow the CRS Talent Pool of qualified Key Personnel for proposals/RFPs/grants.
- Source, screen and refer external and internal candidates for interviews with a focus on providing a diverse candidate slate.
- Conduct reference checks, communicate salaries, benefits and allowances within proposal budget and donor regulations
- Manage the timely collection, verification and editing of proposal submission materials including CVs, biographical data forms and letters of commitment to ensure donor compliance.
- Maintain Recruitment component of Human Resources Management System. When applicable, ensure proper documentation for government and donor audits.
- Perform and promote all activities in compliance with local employment laws.
- Seek, establish, and maintain relationships with organizations with the goal of recruiting diverse and highly qualified staff.
- Other duties and recruitment -related projects as needed to support strategic talent acquisition for the agency, including internal and external representation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/Business or related field (Master’s in international development related field a plus)
- Minimum of five years recruitment experience
- Established network of contacts within the non-profit sector
- Experience in recruiting Key Personnel for grants and contracts in an International NGO environment
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations pertaining to RFA and RFP solicitations preferred.
- Excellent PC skills (MS Office) and ability to use Applicant Tracking Systems
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.