Position Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: President
Member of: Senior Leadership Team
Time Equivalency: Full-time position
Introduction to LifeNet International:
LifeNet International (www.LNinternational.org) has impacted over 13 million healthcare patient visits in Burundi, DRC, Uganda, and Malawi. With a proven model and lifesaving impact, LifeNet is pursuing aggressive growth goals in order to improve health outcomes for a greater number of people in sub-Saharan Africa. This vision includes growing LifeNet’s revenue from $3.7M in 2020 to $10M in 2023, which will enable our country program teams to improve 10 million patient visits annually in 10 countries by the end of 2023. The Finance and Administration Director (F&A Director) is a key member of the LifeNet team to make this vision a reality.
The F&A Director supports efforts to achieve the organization’s growth and impact goals by leading and managing effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The ideal candidate has “final responsibility” experience for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function.
The main areas of responsibility are producing accurate financial budgets and statements, managing income and expenses for acceptable margin, complying with donor requirements, and minimizing financial and organizational risk. In addition, this position participates in strategic planning, production of grant proposals and reports, and oversees human resources, IT, facilities, contracts, and compliance. The F&A Director reports directly to the President and collaborates closely with the Vice President of Programs, the Vice President of Advancement, and LifeNet Country Office Finance Directors/Managers. The F&A Director provides matrixed supervision to an Administrative Associate based in LifeNet’s Washington DC Office and a Financial Management Consultant based in southern Africa. The position is full-time and is based in LifeNet’s Washington, DC office.
· Manage all aspects of finances and accounting in LifeNet’s US Office and Country Offices.
· Lead the organization’s budgeting process, in coordination with President, VP of Programs, VP of Advancement, and Country Directors
· Create and present cash flow projections, financial reports and fiscal updates to the President and Board of Directors
· Oversee accounting processes, cash flow, internal controls, audits, and 990 preparation, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
· Review coding, reconcile accounts, prepare monthly financial reports
· Prepare monthly departmental budget vs actuals reports for review with Senior Leadership Team and Country Directors to support adherence to budget and forecast revisions
· Monitor all banking and credit card activity/transactions for accuracy and budgetary adherence
· Manage and ensure compliance for all contracts, agreements, grants, etc.
· Manage and ensure that all payable/receivable items are paid/received on time and in adherence with internal controls for all entities
· Assist with development of grant proposal budgets and prepare grant financial reports
· Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices, and ensure that the US and Country Office finance policy and procedure manuals are up to date
· Review and approve payroll for processing via ADP
· Oversee administration of employee benefits, including insurance policies
· Support technical aspects of employee hiring, onboarding, and offboarding processes
· Oversee DC office and virtual office operations and ensure they are running efficiently and effectively
· Oversee compliance with relevant regulations and filing of necessary reports
· Oversee company IT assets and IT security.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field, with CPA preferred.
· Experience working in financial management in an international, 501(c)(3) organization.
· At least 6 years of experience in a key finance role (accountant, officer, manager, etc).
· Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
· A self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and the persistence to identify solutions to challenging tasks.
· Detail-oriented, with a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
· Demonstrated ability to set clear priorities and manage conflicting pressures by handling matters expeditiously, proactively, and seeing projects through to their successful completion.
· Ability to learn quickly and work in collaboration with team members in various geographies and cultural contexts.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate honesty and discretion.
· Willingness to travel to LifeNet field office countries (10% time).
· Alignment with and commitment to LifeNet’s Christian identity and mission philosophy and sensitivity to LifeNet partners’ religious beliefs and contexts.
Your application must consist of a cover letter, your curriculum vitae/résumé, and contact information for three references. Please submit all applications via email to recruiting@LNinternational.org with the subject: “Finance and Administration Director”.
*LifeNet is both an equal opportunity employer and a faith-based religious organization. In this regard, LifeNet conducts hiring without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, parental status, membership in any labor organization, political ideology, or disability of an otherwise qualified individual.
**Pursuant to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section 702 (42 U.S.C. 2000e 1(a), LifeNet has the right to and does hire only candidates who agree with LifeNet’s Statement of Faith.