Note: all the AIIB jobs are located in Beijing, China. All the applications must be submitted via AIIB career portal: Career Opportunities - Career - Opportunities.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth, and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 102 members, including 26 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
The Loan Administration Unit under the Office of the Controller advises project teams and participates in the planning for disbursement arrangements, throughout an investment project cycle, ensuring consistency with the results of fiduciary assessments and compliance with relevant guidelines and procedures; reviews and approve disbursement requests in a timely manner; and assists with technical loan operation matters for private and public sector clients.
The Finance Analyst/Associate will work with the Loan Administration Unit and will focus on the Bank’s back-office operations on its financial products (primarily loans, but also includes equity investments, guarantees and other financing products). The role is for a junior professional whose specialty area is in commercial and investment banking operations or an experienced professional with a specialty in multilateral development bank (MDB) sovereign loans.
The key responsibilities for Finance Analyst/Associate include but are not limited to:
1. Loan/Financial Products Management
- Support the Senior Finance Officers from end-to-end with the preparation and maintenance of transactions;
- Work closely with other departments, including Investment Operations, Treasury, Risk and others to ensure that critical fiduciary aspects of loans and financial products are fully considered when transactions are prepared;
- Monitor disbursement arrangements to assess whether they remain adequate, and advise the project team of any needed changes;
- Monitor daily cash activity with the Treasury Department; and
- Assist in implementing the Loan Management System as well as future systems.
2. Loan/Financial Products Portfolio Management
- Monitor disbursement performance, including maintaining and updating the disbursement database, and providing disbursement reports as needed;
- Review and process refunds of loans and financial products proceeds as needed;
- Review and process loan and financial products cancellations caused by saving or others;
- Close loans and financial products in a timely and appropriate manner together with project teams;
- Monitor lapsed loans and take appropriate action accordingly.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, IT or related courses, and a minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience in the field of banking loan operations, gained from prior positions with financial institutions;
- Robust knowledge of loan administration over the life of loans;
- Self-motivated and able to build internal and external relationships to ensure a seamless process;
- Proven ability to work efficiently within teams and effectively communicate for results;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines;
- Demonstrated knowledge of programming is a plus; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive selection process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 103 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.