Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Finance and Administration Director for the upcoming USAID Furthering Health System Reforms (FHSR) in Ukraine Activity. The activity’s goal is to focus on health financing reforms to catalyze transformation in service delivery (both individual and population), incentivize results and outcomes, and use data as accelerators. This is to be effected through 1) regulatory system strengthening, 2) collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MoH) of the Government of Ukraine (GoU) and the National Health Service of Ukraine (NHSU) to optimize hospital efficiencies, 3) provision of universal health care coverage, 4) financial reforms at multiple levels, 5) private sector engagement, 6) encouragement of appropriate medicine usage, and 7) prioritization of public health and pharmaceuticals
The Finance and Administration Director, under the supervision of the Chief of Party, will have primary responsibility for financial and administrative management for the FHSR activity, supervision and oversight of all financial and administrative support staff, and establishment of the systems and procedures required to ensure compliance with USAID regulations and local law. This position will also oversee contracts, procurement and subcontracting, budgeting, reporting, human resources (HR), and general administrative support. The F&A Director in this structure will also oversee some activities of the public financial management (PFM) and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) teams. The position is contingent upon contract award to Abt Associates.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support activity implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID and Abt policies and regulations.
- Manages implementation of financial, administrative, and HR policies and procedures that meet activity needs and corporate and client requirements.
- Oversees procurement efforts for the activity including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors on the activity in compliance with USAID and Abt Associates procurement regulations.
- Ensures compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies, regulations and procedures governing the activity contract.
- Supervises institutional subcontracts and sub-agreements with assistance from the Abt Associates home office support team (Finance and Contract Manager, in particular),
- Ensures that the FHSR activity budget and audit projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID and Abt requirements, procedures, and practices for compliance and audits.
- Creates and maintains financial reporting and tracking systems, and provides financial performance updates on FHSR activities. Guides the administrative team on annual work planning, and ensure submission of quality operational plans, budgets, and reports.
- Oversees a portion knowledge management, and data science and learning activities. Manages aspects of PFM implementation.
- Oversees HR management functions including: recruitment, hiring, transition, and termination; benefits administration; performance appraisal; and ongoing performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum), or a Master’s degree (desirable), in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or other relevant field
- At least 8 years of professional work experience in the financial and administrative management of large complex development projects
- Supervisory and/or management work experience including: (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff; (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; (3) contract management (required); and (4) ability to lead large complex programs and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams
- Experience with USAID and other donor-funded health projects, highly desirable
- Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of latest project management tools and computer applications
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken English communications skills
- Master’s degree and 8-10 years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation; driving innovation and measurable impact for more than 50 years. What sets us apart is our evidence-based and multi-disciplinary approach to solving tough challenges in health, social and environmental policy and international development.
Specific areas we work in include:
- Education and workforce development
- Climate change and the environment
- Food security and agriculture
- Housing and communities
- Survey and data collection
Abt is a mission-driven company with a staff of 2,600. Our focus is on using evidence and cutting-edge methods to improve the lives and economic well-being of people worldwide.