Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager for a full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya. This position reports to the IBTCI Chief of Party (CoP) and s/he works in close coordination with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP). The F&A Manager will manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the finance functions of SPSS field office, as well as be responsible for the overall management of administration functions. This position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day operations of finance functions in the SPSS field office
- Implement off effective &efficient systems of internal controls
- Ensure compliance with IBTCI and USAID policies and procedures
- Prepare and submit expenditure worksheets to the CoP for each month on or before 3rd of every subsequent month
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back-up. Prepare approvals in accordance with guidelines from the CoP
- Review payroll for accuracy and adherence to overall budget
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness
- With the CoP prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not yet captured in financial reports and prepare forecasts of cash needs on a monthly basis
- Monitor cash flow and advice CoP in a timely basis of when project advances will be needed and for how much, keeping in mind the need for lead time
- Prepare the monthly management accounts for CoP in a timely basis
- With CoP, ensure timely preparation of financial report required by both IBTCI HQ and Donors
- Maintain IBTCI bank accounts and ensure adequate controls over cash and bank holdings
- Ensure that statutory deductions are paid on time to avoid any penalty
- Ensure that advances taken in a given month are liquidated appropriately
- Conduct a timesheet audit for SPSS field office from time to time
- Responsible for overall management of administrative functions of SPSS field office
- Through the CoP, organize purchases of office materials and supplies plus procurement of other project needs in accordance with IBTCI procedures
- Manage and ensure that all office equipment (e.g. computers, printer, telephones, e-mail, fax and photocopiers) are working and serviced on a regular basis
- Through CoP, ensure that office/guest house agreements are drawn up and signed
- With the CoP, liaise and negotiate any changes to the property contract, improvements to the property with the landlords/ladies, or any other issues that may arise. Monitor accommodations and office leases, advance notification dates, and invoice accuracy
- Monitor vehicle logs for accuracy and completeness
- Promptly report to the CoP any irregularities that occur within the SPSS field office, staff compound, and sites on policy and procedures
- Make travel arrangements in Somalia for STTAs such as visas, flight bookings, accommodation, pick up and airport transport, etc
- Maintain SPSS inventory list and update whenever purchases are made / items disposed of
- Manage all SPSS procurements and purchases including office furniture, equipment, supplies, and other associated office items
- Maintain disposition plans of equipment remaining at the end of specific Task Orders
- Provide support to SPSS field office in all HR matters
- Maintain and oversee SPSS field office staff time sheets
- Ensure that all staff and local consultants have valid contracts and job descriptions and that they understand them
- Arrange local logistics for expatriate consultants and SPSS Staff, provide them with in-country orientation for activities in Kenya and, as appropriate, in Somalia, and provide them with an orientation packet on Somalia
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills and personal maturity, tact, courtesy, patience, adaptability, initiative, cooperativeness and resourcefulness
- Basic IT skills with a working knowledge of the range of MS Office packages
- Sound judgment and decision making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving approach, able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents
- Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, and preparing cases
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Finance and Administration Offices
- Familiarity with USAID rules on finance management and procurement.
- Excellent communications skills, good verbal and written English; and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with QuickBooks Accounting System
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: A degree in Business Administration, Finance ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Domestic and International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Nairobi, Kenya.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.