Global Communities is seeking an experienced Finance and Operations Manager to manage Global Communities’ finance and operations in its partnership role on the anticipated USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (UDGE). This is a five year project with a projected budget of $57-60M.
The purpose of the Ukraine Democratic Governance in the East (UDGE) program is to support USAID’s objectives of promoting inclusive civic identity, common civic values, and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance.
The program will be managed from and focused on the Donbas region, with most activities taking place in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts, as well as potentially in other southern and eastern Oblasts.
The Finance and Operations Manager will oversee the financial aspects of the program with regard to small scale infrastructure. This position will ensure accurate financial reporting to the management team and to USAID; and to ensure financial systems and reports are in compliance with Global Communities’ accounting practices and USAID rules and regulations. The Finance and Operations Manager will also manage the administrative aspects of the small scale infrastructure function.
* Manage finance and reporting for the Global Communities portion of the program.
* Oversee Global Communities program payroll
* Oversee small scale construction financial management and procurement activities.
* Oversee financial management activities for the Global Communities portion of the program including monthly financial reporting, maintenance of systems, QuickBooks Accounting System, field office transactions;
* Ensure that all Global Communities financial transactions are promptly recorded in the accounting system correctly in all Global Communities offices;
* Prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations for all Global Communities cash and bank accounts in Ukraine and ensure that these are properly reviewed, authorized and submitted;
* Review all financial documentation including Payment Vouchers, Petty Cash Vouchers, Journal Vouchers, EFT Vouchers and Payroll Vouchers
* Work in direct liaison with the Environmental Compliance Engineer on a regular basis to report project costs and current financial status;
* Support all External and Internal Audits and provide financial information to External Internal Auditors as required;
* Supervise and mentor any other relevant program finance and administration staff;
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or similar or a relevant Master’s degree.
* Minimum five years- experience in a financial role, at least three years of which included financial management on donor funded project.
* Experience working with infrastructure accounting related to development
* Experience working on a USAID funded project
* Demonstrated experience applying USAID rules and regulations.
* Willing and able to travel to field offices as needed.
* Fluent in English written and spoken
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.