General Scope of the Role
We seek a dynamic professional for a fund management assignment implemented across West Africa. The successful candidate will be expected to apply industry best practice approaches in fund management.
Nature of employment
Independent Consultant/ Subcontractor. This is a full-time role in Abuja, Nigeria but there will be regular field visits to the intervention countries.
The contract will be for a fixed term of three years, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance.
· An exciting opportunity to work on fund management and development programmes in Africa
· Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams
· Competitive remuneration
Qualification and Experience
· A minimum of 10 years working experience as financial expert
· University degree in economics, finance or related subjects
· Proven negotiation and moderation skills with senior decision makers
· Computer skills (MS Office software)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Fluent in English and French (knowledge of Portuguese as an asset)
· Demonstrated expertise as a financial expert in similar projects
· Management experience
· Proven procurement expertise, working experience with KfW Procurement Guidelines
· Experience in capacity building
· Demonstrated experience with the management and monitoring of large project funds, proven working experience with KfW disbursement procedures (disposition fund or Disbursement in Tranches Procedure)
· Experience with the management cycle of investment projects in the context of financial cooperation, preferably small infrastructure projects
· Working experience in developing countries
· West Africa regional experience
· Working experience with adaptive programming approach and agile methods will be an advantage
Deadline for receipt of application is 10 August 2020.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and CV, giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting IDAS/FP.1/2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*