ABA ROLI seeks a full-time senior FCO specialist to support FCO aspects of the rule of law international programs being implemented in the Africa Region, under the supervision of the ABA ROLI Africa Division Regional Director/ ABA ROLI Africa Division Deputy Director. FCO Advisor will be based in his country of record and will provide remote support to the FCO priorities of the Division playing a key role in supporting the efficiency of the business and the functionality of financial, compliance, and operational aspects of ABA ROLI Africa field offices. The FCO Advisor role will be reporting with a dotted line to the Country Director/Deputy Director or COO of the field offices he/she supports.
FCO Advisor duties include but are not limited to review and streamlining of financial data for the Division, financial analysis, support to oversight of program spending and budgets, review of general operations processes in place, advising and support in implementation of new processes, ensuring field office compliance per the policies and procedures related to finances, logistics, procurement, administration, and finance; lead internal review of sound management of field offices in the region; contributing to and leading overall effective budgeting and sound financial planning for the Division field offices.
The FCO Advisor will work closely with the DC counterparts to coordinate remote and in-country support to the Division field offices. This position requires regular travel in the Africa region for the purposes outlined in this TOR. High level of understanding of ABA ROLI donor rules and regulations and dedication to the FCO priorities of the ABA ROLI are essential.
The duties of this post include, but are not limited to, the following:
Serve as the remote FCO Advisor for the Africa Division, including:
- Review and streamline of financial data for the Division (pipelines, ledgers, forecast), and overall financial trends
- Advise on financial projections for the Division
- Perform financial analysis for the Division as needed
- Maintain oversight of the operational budgets for the Division field offices and apprise senior leaders of variances and operational challenges
Financial support to Africa Division business development:
- Serve as a cost specialist for business development
- Design budget structure, logic, and advise on budget competitiveness vis-à-vis other implementers
- Work with FFMs to prepare price lists for business development/costing purposes
Support to Financial Compliance:
- Working with FFMs, COOs, and DC teams, act as verifying officer for financial outputs and tools, including forecasts, grants chart updates
Serve as a roving Financial advisor, traveling to country programs for purposes of:
- Field staff capacity building through training: assess strengths and weaknesses, coach field staff on compliance with the ABA and donor rules and regulations; work with DC teams and supporting departments to provide additional training as needed
- Review of existing systems and putting in place new systems in accordance with ABA policies and donor regulations
- Perform regular field office internal reviews, spot checks, identify and flag cash management and financial risks and work with DC leadership to prevent fraud. Perform a general due diligence function. This may include a review of compliance, human resources, and procurement practices, in addition to financial processes and systems
Other duties as assigned.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html