PRB is looking to engage a Finance Officer based in our Nairobi, Kenya office to provide financial support. The position reports to the Deputy Country Director and primarily supports the PACE project, a USAID-funded cooperative agreement that aims to elevate family planning and population issues in policies and programs as a key to sustainable and equitable growth and development. The position will liaise with Program Finance staff in PRB’s Washington, DC office.
- Prepare monthly bank account and petty cash reconciliations, ensure appropriate expense coding, and submit to the Washington, DC office along with supporting receipts.
- Prepare monthly funding requests to ensure sufficient funding is available for ongoing operations.
- Review travel expense reports for accuracy and compliance with PRB policies.
- Prepare documentation for payment transactions including advances, petty cash disbursements, and invoice payments. In particular:
- Review consultant and vendor invoices for contract compliance and route for electronic approval signatures.
- Monitor advance balances and ensure timely advance reconciliation.
- Ensure all transactions are supported with proper and complete documentation, allowable, and coded appropriately.
- Process wire transfers and other payments through online banking. Manage petty cash.
- File necessary returns and communicate with Kenyan government authorities as needed.
- Assist in procurement of hotels, supplies, consultants, and other vendors in compliance with PRB’s procurement policy and funder terms and conditions. Serve as a point of contact for individual vendors.
- Maintain PRB’s relationship with the bank.
- Coordinate payroll and benefits with PRB’s payroll provider in Kenya.
- Maintain hardcopy records. Compile information requested by auditors during annual office audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- At least 5 years of related experience, preferably in the international development sector.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and professional integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, prioritize tasks, and achieve competing deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel required. Experience using DocuSign and Salesforce preferred.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. PRB has an excellent benefits package, including generous health, leave, and retirement programs.
- Please remember to upload your resume and cover letter. Only finalists will be contacted.
- We would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
About the Organization
The Population Reference Bureau informs people around the world about population, health, and the environment, and empowers them to use that information to advance the well-being of current and future generations. Inform. PRB analyzes complex demographic data and research to provide the most objective, accurate, and up-to-date population information in a format that is easily understood by advocates, journalists, and decision makers alike. Empower. Our commitment to putting information into action sets us apart. PRB builds coalitions and conducts workshops around the world to give our key audiences the tools they need to understand and communicate effectively about population issues. Advance. PRB works to ensure that policymakers in developing countries and in the United States rely on sound evidence, rather than anecdotal or outdated information, when creating population, health, and environmental policies.