FINANCIAL AND GRANTS PROGRAM SPECIALIST
- Based in Jakarta
- Full-time Position
PRIM is a A$25 million results-based pilot program to incentivize better road maintenance in Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) Province and ultimately encourage Indonesia to adopt performance-based funding mechanisms. The main objectives of PRIM are to:
- Strengthen the institutional capacities and standards for better maintenance of the existing road network within the provincial and local government, and
- Develop a sustainable model for using conditional grants to incentivize better governance, quality and value-for-money in maintaining local roads.
Performance is rewarded by 40% grant disbursements upon verification by an independent technical team (TT) led by Bina Marga (Directorate General Highways). A further 10% incentive grant is given in return for a demonstrable strengthening of governance and public engagement.
Given the nature of the fiscal decentralization model, where local governments have little incentive structure to improve essential infrastructure services, the output-based grant model in PRIM has shown that provincial road maintenance can be improved on a cost-effective basis (compared to other maintenance funding mechanisms); that road agencies can be taught and encouraged to adopt improved procedures for assessing needs, prioritising treatments, preparing evidence-based budgets and getting them approved; preparing designs that address maintenance needs, and accepting external scrutiny of performance.
AECOM has been engaged as the Project Implementation Unit Consultant (PIUC) since 2015, providing support to the implementing parties including support in preparing engineering designs and bid documents, while carrying out training and institutional strengthening activities and providing institutional support to the maintenance works program across the Province of West Nusa Tenggara.
AECOM manages all functions required to implement PIUC activities including contracting of all personnel, procurement and payment of staff and vendors. The PIUC Mataram office is currently staffed by 12 long term national technical and office support staff, and approximately 20 international and national short term staff who work intermittently from the office.
We are seeking expressions of interest for Financial and Grants Programs Specialist. The position will provide the following tasks to support PRIM and Sub-National Roads Hibah
- Develop Program Management Manual (PMM) including revisions (if needed) in accordance with advice from DGH and KIAT;
- Develop grant disbursement criteria and mechanism in accordance with the advice from KIAT and GOI Counterparts;
- Prepare draft Quarterly Financial Report on the usage/reimbursement of PRIM budget;
- Prepare and assists on financial and grant disbursement of PRIM;
- Providing support to the preparation of the SNR Hibah program documents, including assistance at meeting with MoF and other related stakeholders;
- Working with the relevant key stakeholders including Ministry of National Planning, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Public Works and Housing, especially Directorate General of Highways for SNR Hibah preparations;
- Assistance with establishment of grant procedures and process as preparation for SNR Hibah to be introduced to the selected Provinces and Kabupaten;
- Assist partner government/agency in establishment of working group (kelompok kerja) for SNR Hibah;
- Assisting and helping to prepare presentations as required;
- Liaise with government counterparts in central, regional and other related institutions in SNR Hibah Program;
- Review of the financing mechanisms for Sub-National Road;
- Helping to organise workshops and training on SNR Hibah as requested together with KIAT team; and
- Other assignments related to implementation of SNR Hibah.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have relevant tertiary qualifications in finance, accounting or commerce; demonstrated experience working in a road project; demonstrated experience in implementing financial management and grants disbursement as well as financial reporting.
The position requires you to have a demonstrated understanding of financial and accounting processes, principles and practices on large-scale DFAT funded programs; demonstrated experience in developing financial and grants procedures and processes. You will have to demonstrate your experience working with the Government of Indonesia; have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills; and a demonstrated ability to prioritise and respond to emerging needs.
To apply: Please click the ‘Apply Now’ button at top, which will take you to our website.
Your application will need to include:
- A cover letter and signed CV, including a declaration that the information provided is true and correct
- Names and contact details for two referees
- Please be advised that the successful applicant will be required to undertake a police clearance
Application close Wednesday, 20 June 2018
AECOM Services Pty Ltd is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
Women are encouraged to apply
Australian Aid – managed by AECOM Services Pty Ltd on behalf of Indonesia Australia Partnership for Infrastructure